• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can you do about people like this?

susiemae

Mama Doe
I had a phone call today from the women who I got Gizmo and Billy from. She said she had some bales of hay going spare as her two lionhead rabbits had died. She didnt do into any details but I am very dubious about how she cares for her animals. The reason Im concerned is because Giz and Billy were from a litter of seven, 6 boys and 1 girl. (I had two from the litter and another person had 1) The mum and the 1 baby female died last January due to "the cold" as this woman put it. Then two of the male rabbits were killed by a pit bull that was her ex-boyfriends. Apparently, according to her, the father of the litter, was either let out or escaped from his hutch/run never to be seen again. During last summer she also acquired another male rabbit (all these male rabbits were put together un-neutered) and two female guinea pigs. The last remaining male rabbits had to be put down because of some disease (she wasnt specific as to what it was). The female piggies were killed as the father rabbit had "humped them to death". Since loosing the remaining litter and both parent rabbits, two guinea pigs and a further male rabbit, she had obviously gone on since to get two lionheads which have now also died. I personally think they dont get adequate care in the cold weather. She also has cats though I dont know how well these are cared for but the last time I saw them they looked underweight.

My question is - can I do anything to stop this person getting anymore rabbits. If I ring the RSPCA, would they be able to warn her off getting any more as quite frankly I dont think she is capable of caring adequately for them. I dont want to sound like an interferring busy-body but, and please tell me if you disagree with me, she really shouldnt be getting any more pets.

I think it sounds as though this lady has an awful lot of animals that die in her care, this could be terrible bad luck, but I'm dubious :?

If I knew of her I would certainly report her, they may be able to simply advise her on better care... or if they believe she is aware of the adequate care but not providing it they may ban her from keeping animals. I think this is how it generally works.

Don't be afraid to call the RSPCA and tell them everything you know.

i would not hesitiate to call the RSPCA if i suspected cruelty.... not sure what they could do if she didnt have animals at the time.... i hope she does get stopped getting more tho :evil::evil:

Yep, I'd call the RSPCA and tell them your concerns just as you have here.
Poor buns and pigs :cry:
I'm not sure there's much else you can do other than that :?

Definately call them. If nothing else it will put your mind at rest. It sounds like she cares but doesn't know how to care properly.

Definately contact them!!!

If this woman has just had an unfortunate run of unusual bad luck them she'll have nothing to hide and no real harm done.

If that's not the case, then you'll be doing those animals a huge favour.

Back