• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bun outside question

pieinthehouse

Warren Scout
My bun Sugar is now a full time outside bun as i moved house and now dont have the room inside to keep her indoors with me. her hutch outside is a run with a hutch ontop shes only allowed down during the day and i have hindged the ramp up for night time. my main problem is it has a triangular roof so all of the p@h covers dont fit, so i made it a priority after her water froze to get a water cover and some sort of cover over the top i got a fish tank recently wiht a lot of bubble wrap and ive been using that over a weather cover (so se dosent eat it) and then some tarpaulin ontop, its verydifficult to get the tarpaulin right but im about there, i was first wondering if there are any othereasier ways of protecting her hutch as now its rainign lots its difficult to put my contraption together and also which weather i should and shouldnt put the full on cover on. also are buns scared of thunder? can it upset them hugely sugar wasnt worried about fireworks, basically tonight there is thunder where i am and im worried and she hasnt got the full cover on as i though its not going to freeeze hope ive done the right thing. thank you Sophie (worred bunny mum)

yep those pointy roofs are a pain :? You can fix some brass cup hooks around the top of the door frames, going around the sides of the hutch, tie some small elastic loops into the eyelets of a clear pvc shower curtain, and hook that around the wire of the hutch. put a tarpaulin over the run. and I would nail some runner rugs (wilkos have them for £4 each - they are 2x6 foot) to the back of the hutch so that they can be folded over the roof and hutch at night, and folded back in the day. I use nursery fireguards from Argos (£20 but so useful - 2 panels) to hold my rugs down when it's windy. You don't want it airtight up in the hutch anyway as it will get very damp if the hatch to the run is closed - my bunnies removed the hatch and insist on spending the night in the run no matter what the weather :roll:

Back