• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning poo off wood

Whatever you use, be aware that for all they leave, they will probably use this bit of floor to eat the rest off, so don't put anything strongly disinfectant down as they may ingest it unless it's really well rinsed (and then how do you dry it :roll: ) Maa's 'poo eating corner' looked a bit messy yesterday but I just used water on a cloth to get most of it off then left it - it would be easier to clean vinyl but it's not possible to fix any in that part of the hutch (of course! They like to give us a challenge :lol: )

Yes that was the original plan!!!:lol: Put some vinyl flooring down on the shed floor. But they were so clean that it got left :oops: . Now of course, I wish I had stuck to the original plan :oops: :lol: Thanks for the advice :wave:

I get this more with the ratties than the buns but we have used fablon to cover the wood, they have never been interested in nibbling but would need to keep an eye on buns. The other options are

Very hot water and non washing powder, rinse and dry

orrrr

Dish washer but dont tell anyone :oops: cos it sterilises with the steam.

But for big stuff like a shed floor, prolly a proper clean with some thing strong then cover and seal it.

Back