• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not sure where to put this...Surprise babies

Danni728

New Kit
Okay, well my rabbit has been free roam, I was going to be gone all night last night and because my son was still up I put the bunny in a big basket with a sceen on top then when I got home I was going to let her back out. Well I woke up this morning to feed her and I seen three babies.

So I made a a little nesting box because she keeps moving around chewing on it and acting weird so I think she might be popping out one or two more. Should I put her in the box or let them be?

Any other tips let me know. I always get the pregnant animals. lol my rat had 17 a week after i got her.

But now I feel an extra special bond between us because she was pregnant and wouldn't let noone hold her but me...

No i didn't have a hutch, She was free roam, but she had a spot under my table in a corner of my room that was like a cage without the cage, she would always sleep there, I was going to look at cages this tomorrow for her I wanted to build her one. Last night I was going to be gone for a while and since i didnt have her cage yetI put her in a big basket with a screen on it /water/ food came home, woke up and she had 3 babies in there,,,, The nearest petstore is closed now, and I wouldn't have a ride because my mothers car just got stolen so I guess first thing tomorrow i wil go to home deopt and the petstore and get started on a nice big cage for her because I plan on keeping on of the buns and getting them fixed along with momma.

Back