• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stopped using hutch

caerkev

New Kit
we got peter and his big hutch from someone who was no longer able to keep him, a few weeks later we got his girlfriend lauren from a local rescue, love at first sight, they were soon snuggling up together feeding out of same bowl like an old married couple.
the garden has been secured so they were allowed full run of the garden through the day, which was great to watch, then when it was time to put to bed the wife would stand there with the kids and have a good old giggle at dad trying to catch them, even the neighbours come out for the show.
so i had the idea of taking off the front mesh of the run so they can go up to the hutch at there own desire, but it seems they are more content cuddling up in the little hide holes i've placed around the garden.
i'm a little concerned that as the weather gets colder this may make them ill or will they just use the hutch when they get too cold or wet.
thanks kevin

It is a lovely life for a bunny, as they really enjoy freedom as much as cats do, but unfortunately rabbits are prey animals and need to be caught up and locked up at night for their own safety. I only give my rabbits a handful of pellets morning and night, rather than a bowl of mix available constantly, and so they have always ran in no problem at bedtime because they know when I sing 'come on!' I have food for them :)

Back