• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Victoria!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
She is now Briar Patch's longest serving resident!
She seems to be suffering from "black bunny syndrome" - an unfortunate condition that means people look right past her :cry:

RABBIT_VICTORIA_VICTORIA004.jpg

She is coming up for 2 years old and is speyed and fully vacinated.
She SO deserves a home of her own.
If you are looking for a female rabbit to bond to your male rabbit then please consider Victoria and give her a second chance.

www.briarpatchrescue.org.uk

Aww poor Victoria :cry: , she was there went I went to choose Poppy but wasn't ready to leave, and my sis tried to bond her with Casper but he didn't like her. I sooo hope someone wants her, she really is a lovely bunny :love:

Hiya,
Does Victoria bond well with other male rabbits then? I have a 7 month old dwarf lop rabbit, he has been by himself for about 4 months, and has his hutch to himself, I would love to have her, but in your eyes would you think my rabbit wouldnt bond with her? He is newly neutuered and no longer shows any signs of humping.
Where are you based again sorry?
x

Briar Patch Rescue is in Essex :D there is no reson she wouldn't get on with your bunny, Eve would take care of the bonding so no need to worry about that.

If you want more info have a look on the website and get in touch with Eve who runs the rescue.

Last edited:
Aw!! I cant understand not wanting a black bun... I would love a black bun (can't at mo' got a few things to sort out at home!:cry: ) I work at a cattery and we have rescues and black cats always stay the longest!!:(

aww i wish i had a little boy for her... shes adorable...

i think black rabbits are fantastic. i have a black rab as you can see and they are wonderful. the way their colouring changes in different lights, its just amazing.

Hope Victoria finds a forever home soon xxx

I think black bunnies are LOVELY!!!!!:D I used to have a black Rex named SweetPea who was THE most gorgeous creature!!!!!:D

Black rabbits are adorable!!!!

My Kitt is lovely, she has the nicest temperament I've ever come across with a rabbit... and she's even slightly dippy, I love her to bits :love: :love: :love:

Good luck with finding your forever home Victoria, I'm sure it's just around the corner now xx

gorgous

I can't understand why people totally disregard black rabbits . My friend has a black lop called ebony x and she is the cutest bunny you have ever seen. If i had more space then i would nab her up like that x <3

She is now Briar Patch's longest serving resident!
She seems to be suffering from "black bunny syndrome" - an unfortunate condition that means people look right past her :cry:

RABBIT_VICTORIA_VICTORIA004.jpg

She is coming up for 2 years old and is speyed and fully vacinated.
She SO deserves a home of her own.
If you are looking for a female rabbit to bond to your male rabbit then please consider Victoria and give her a second chance.

Whay is "black bunny syndrome?" shes a proper cutie do alot of people not bother with black bunnies then if i had of seen a cutie like her when i was getting gizmo i would have gone for her, please expain!

In rescue centres the black animals are seemingly overlooked... for 'coloured' ones, happens in the cattery where I work too... dunno why I would love a black rabbit.... cant at the moment, have a 10mth pup who is draining my resources!!:shock: :lol: Otherwise she would be great for my Raff!!

Hope Victoria finds a new home soon, she really is a lovely girl.

It is difficult to understand having two gorgeous black buns and one lovely white bun why both colours of buns get overlooked.:cry:

Whay is "black bunny syndrome?" shes a proper cutie do alot of people not bother with black bunnies then if i had of seen a cutie like her when i was getting gizmo i would have gone for her, please expain!

Its odd isn't it?!
Just seems like a lot of people come in and have their attention grabbed by the more "interesting" colours - blue, fawn, harlequins etc
Black mixed breed is just easy to pass by :(
I disagree though, of course, having two beautiful pure black bunnies :D

Were looking for a companion for my domino, but i have a femcale at home called jelly and she looks exactly like victoria....so i didnt want to have two that looked the same. but she is soooo sweet, and i definatly wouldnt ignore her becaus she is 'plain' etc cus i have one just like her!

My neighbours two doors down had a GORGEOUS pure black crossbreed bunny named Domino......don't ask me WHY he was named Domino, as he had NO white on him!:roll: :lol: But he was FOREVER escaping from their garden......and he would always come STRAIGHT to my house! SO many mornings I would go outside to find him sitting by my doorstep, or hopping up my path to greet me! The people worked all day, so I would always scoop him up and take him inside, and then return him home in the evening when they got out of work. He was SO sweet, and had such a huge, affectionate, loveable personality. He would give endless bunny kisses, and follow me everywhere. Every time I took him home, I would say to them that 'one of these days he is either going to get run over, grabbed by a predator, or someone is going to steal him'.......but they always put him back into the same broken down hutch, and did nothing about bunny-proofing their garden. After many, many times of returning him to them, I asked them if I could keep him, as he seemed very happy at mine, and perhaps they were a bit too busy with work and stuff to sort things out for him (trying very hard to be diplomatic!:roll: )......but they said oh NO, they couldn't POSSIBLY part with him, kids would be heartbroken (!!!), blah blah blah. All of which was ridiculous, as 9 times out of 10 when I returned him, they hadn't even realised that he was MISSING! Anyways, the inevitable happened, and one night/early morning during one of his 'excursions', he was grabbed by what I can only presume was a fox, and that was the end of him. I was SO distraught over it, and SO angry. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry for going TOTALLY off topic.......I DO tend to ramble at 4.00 a.m.!:oops: :oops: But Victoria looks SO much like Domino, and I thought that he was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!

There are loads of females to choose from down south, given the choice I would like a dark coloured/black doe to be Charlie's girlfriend, my auntie had a black lop called magic and he is the reason I fell for rabbits and ended up with one, he followed her everywhere and was so lovely. She took him off someone who was neglecting him and cared for him really well, sadly he had endless things wrong and was at the vets frequently, he passed away a couple of months ago :cry:

Back