• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ella & Bella Need a Special Home RSPCA WALSAL

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behald of Dussy Hoppers

Ella & Bella Need a Special Home

I would like you all to meet Ella and Bella. They are the two foster bunnies that are currently in my care. Ella is the gorgeous lop eared lady with a fuzzy mane. She is a little overweight at the moment, but doing well now that she is on the correct diet. Bella is the beautiful little lion head bunn. She is half the size of Ella, but definitely the one in charge; especially at meal times when she takes custody of the food bowl! Both girls have now been spayed and are ready to go to a new home.

EllaBellaphotocollage.jpg

Bella is a very healthy girl with no known problems. She is an adorable character, very lively and adventurous. She is easy to handle most times, but can occasionally be a little feisty and give you a nip when she is unhappy. When she is in the mood, she loves to be fussed and groomed, especially when her long hair gets tangled behind her ears, and she can’t cope with it by herself.

Ella is also an adorable bunny with a lovely gentle temperament. She may be twice the size of Bella, but definitely a bit of a softie. She loves to follow me around the garden and stick her nose into whatever I am doing. Unfortunately, Ella has got serious teeth problems, possibly caused by poor diet and a lack of calcium in her early life. This is why I am seeking a very special home for this adorable duo.

Ella has problems with both her front and back teeth, which will need regular trimming every 3 to 4 weeks. She is currently undergoing treatment and assessment at the Pet Vaccination Clinic in Coventry, so a home in this area would be ideal. However, if you have a good rabbit vet and think you could cope with Ella’s special needs, then we would love to hear from you.

Ella and Bella are being rehomed by Walsall RSPCA. If you are interested, then please contact Lucy Hayreh at the following:

RSPCA Walsall branch
PO BOX 3592
Walsall
WS3 4XR
Phone - 01543 454571
email - RSPCAWalsall@aol.com

Ella and Bella are also listed on www.rabbitrehome.org.uk at the following link:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=8194

Thank you!

Lovely bunnies. It must be hard to place bunnies with "special needs". What would the financial implications be for someone to take them on i.e. cost of dentals every three weeks?

I do hope they find a home.

Unfortunately, costs seem to vary widely from vet to vet.

Ella's problems are still being investigated, so we do not know the full cost implecations just yet. It all depends on how they grow back over the next two weeks, and whether she has to have some teeth removed. We are also hoping that now she is on the correct diet, then her teeth will grow back more evenly and therefore require less maintenance.

Saying that, the Pet Vaccination Clinic in Coventry, can trim both front and back without the need for a G.A. This can be done for approximately £10 per month.

We have fallen in live with these 2 gorgeous bunnies.

Are we too far away in Nottingham?

We are near a good vets (Gamston) and are happy to keep teeth checked & under control.

Lisa

Hello Smidges Family!

Sorry! I missed your message! Was off running a marathon and then running around like a mad thing afterwards.

Are you still interested in these two beautiful young ladies?

Please, please, please say yes! I hope I have not missed an opportunity!

The latest update is very promising for Ella - Now that she is on a proper diet, her back teeth are doing much, much better. However, her front teeth are still an issue and causing lots of problems. It has therefore been decided to remove these front teeth altogether. That means that she won't have to have them trimmed every 3 weeks. HOORAH!!! We will still have to have the back ones checked regularly, but so far they seem to be behaving with lots of hay munching instead of cheap flaked food.

If you are interested, then it is probably best to contact Lucy direct at Walsall RSPCA, because I am going away on Friday on a training course for 7 days.

Hello!

These two bunnies are still in need of a forever home!

Ella went to the vets on Friday to have her "Problem" teeth removed and is doing really well. She is eating well and the operation does not seem to have affected her at all.

It does mean that she now has no front teeth and needs help with chopped hay and grated carrots, but that does also mean she would be a fantastic house bunny. No cable chewing!

Time Wasters!!

It makes me so mad !!!

So far, three people expressed an interest in adopting Ella and Bella. All three have then let us down at the last moment. What is going on?

One lady even bught a large hutch and a pen and passed the home inspection. But then she went and bought two babies from a pet shop. :evil:

The long term prognosis for Ella is now very good. She had her problem front teeth removed, and seems to be eating much better now without them. She will still need to be checked regularly by a vet to make sure that her back teeth are behaving, but hopefully this should only be every 3-4 months.

So, if you would like to offer these two girls the time and love that they truly deserve, then please do get in touch.

One lady even bught a large hutch and a pen and passed the home inspection. But then she went and bought two babies from a pet shop. :evil:

That's awful that they wasted your time:( Seems to happen a lot though:(

Hope the buns get a forever home soon:D

Ella and Bella are still desperate for a Forever home!

We have tried everything for these two wonderful girls! We even ran an advert in the paper with full colour photos, but had a very poor response.

Both girls went to the vets today for a health check and their Myxomatosis jabs. Both bunnies have been reported a very fit and healthy. Ella has done particularly well since having her front teeth removed.

It has been 8 weeks now since she had the big operation, and now that she is on the correct diet and eating plenty of hay, her back teeth seem to be behaving themselves! She will still need regular checks, but it does not look as if she will have to have them trimmed quite as often as first thought.

Ella would make the perfect house bunny. She is so friendly and fussy. She is also litter trained and never wees or poos anywhere but in the hutch. The other huge advantage is that she can not chew any furniture or cables!

Bella on the other hand is an adorable little urchin. She leaves a little trail of presents wherever she goes. This did not used to be a problem as she liked to stay outdoors, but with all the recent wet weather, she has now discovered the delights of the house and sneaks in at every opportunity. Twice now I have searched the garden, only to find her sunbathing inside in front of the patio windows! Ella likes to be fussed and groomed ... but only when she wants to! She will give a grumpy nip when not in the mood and even bit me at the vets today. But I forgive her becaue she is soooooo cuuuute!

I know! They are wonderful!

Someone is missing out on adopting two wonderful pets. They have got such lovely characters and everyone that meets them falls in love. They all want to adopt them, but have either already got cats or dogs.

If anyone is interested, you must come and meet them!

good luck girls.

If I wasnt like a million miles away I would take these 2.Sadly I live in th US.

These two girls will surly find a home .They are just so beautiful!

All fingers crossed! These wonderful girls have been reserved!

A local couple have offered to adopt them, so we are just waiting for them to pass the homecheck!

Will keep you all posted, but it all looks very promising at the moment!

YEEEEE HAAAAA

oh thats good then! they are lovely, and i hope they find a great home! unfortunatly im only looking for one little girl! hehe! i hope these people get them! x

Really good news!

Ella and Bella have gone to a new home at long last!

I got really close to this adorable duo and was very sad to see them go, but happy at the same time.

Hands up! I shed a little tear when I just had to clean their hutch out. They definately left paw prints on my heart

Good luck girls!

It has been an absolute pleasure knowing you and sharing our home with you.

Back