• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VERY impressed with the new vets! :D

I never felt happy with my origional vets as they still used cylap for the vhd vaccinations and had never heard of lapinject never mind anivac! When my buns had their first myxi jab there, if I remember rightly, the vet didn't even health check them first, at the time i didn't know that this wasn't the norm. :?

So for the vhd jabs they went to another vets, who were better and used lapinject, but I never really trusted them as after burring mischief's teeth every month, they never ntoiced his molar spur coming through. :?

Soooooo, I wanted to find a new vet for that reason but also somewhere cheaper too! :oops: I found out about another vet center which only costs £12.70 per myxi vaccine! :D I was thrilled thinking it was great but was very worried in case it was cheap for a reason like they didn't give it right or didn't health check....

But went today and I have never been so impressed with a vet center!!! :D

First impressions were great, went into the waiting room which was very nicely set out with different seating areas so that dogs weren't near cats and rabbits etc. There was a lot of things for sale including bunny things where as it's usually only cat and dog items on display. :roll:

I then saw a massive "Rabbit Awarness Week" display with loads of info on neutering, vaccinating, fly strike protection, companionship and housing. :D There was also many rabbit leaflets on display for people to take.

Then we went in to see the vet. She was lovely and we were in there for almost an hour!! :shock: She asked me lots of questions, what I fed them and what their personalities were like. :)

She then vaccinated them all one by one after health checking them very thoroughly! Teeth, eyes, heart rate, and their bums too! :p She told us how she gave the vaccine with I can't remember but is it 10% just under the skin and the rest in the scruff? Something like that but she knew what she was doing. She told us about how vaccines should be 6 monthly and that they were getting the new anivac vacine for vhd! :) She told us LOADS about diet and even that we should continue trying to bond bloss with the trio because they are better in pairs or groups. :)

She called them all Sunshine too which I thought was sweet. :) She told us about her 2 rabbits and how cheeky they were and it was so nice to talk to someone bunny crazy!! :lol:

She also gave me a huggggeeee info pack, I know basically everything in it by heart :lol: But it's good to the leaflets for back up.

DSCF2818.jpg

Then best of all.... she put us on the list for "Bunny Days!" :lol: It's where in her words "there's a day dedicated to bunnies and everyone with rabbits is invited. The lady who runs it gives out some great information and does some presentations on diet and things and everyone there is bunny mad and it's a great day out, I recommend it" So... I will get to meet lots of bunny crazy people... whooo hoooo! :lol: I will get an invitation through the post for when the next one is. :D

Then the price for 4 buns only came to about £48, was great! She was so knowledgeable on bunnies and I'm very happy to have found the perfect vet! :)

Last edited:
Sounds great :) I'm getting charged 40e each for my myxo and 40e for my vhd. Multiply that by four fo my fur buns and its a heck load of money :p

Oh wow, so pleased you've found such a good vet. :thumb:

I'm mithering about vets at the mo as my two have a great one but just get sooo stressed on the journey that I can't put them through it any more (it can be a 45 min drive some days).

How did you find yours? Was it a recommendation from here or did you just trawl the yellow pages or something?

Oh wow, so pleased you've found such a good vet. :thumb:

I'm mithering about vets at the mo as my two have a great one but just get sooo stressed on the journey that I can't put them through it any more (it can be a 45 min drive some days).

How did you find yours? Was it a recommendation from here or did you just trawl the yellow pages or something?

I was looking for vets on the national vaccination month website as my trio were over due by a few months. :oops: The vet center was on the list so I rang to check pricing. I ended up not doing the nvm scheme as it didn't work out any cheaper anyway. :lol: If you check the nvm site even if your buns aren't over due, they have a local vets thing on the site if you type in your postcode.

The vets I went to is only a 20 drive away from me. Where abouts are you based? :wave:

I was looking for vets on the national vaccination month website as my trio were over due by a few months. :oops: The vet center was on the list so I rang to check pricing. I ended up not doing the nvm scheme as it didn't work out any cheaper anyway. :lol: If you check the nvm site even if your buns aren't over due, they have a local vets thing on the site if you type in your postcode.

The vets I went to is only a 20 drive away from me. Where abouts are you based? :wave:

Funnily enough I was just looking on there this afty! I'm in Blackpool ...... have just put a post asking for recommendations in my area. :D

Back