• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newcastle to london dagenham,Only need the bit to nottingham now! Poss on the 12th?

Yep, I'm from Doncaster, but I can go as far up the A1 as York or Ripon to collect them. And get them on there way to Loosys. But we still need someone to help from Newcastle/Northumberland down to Ripon/York to meet me
Anyone????????

I am dropping a bunch of animals off for another rescue at the scotch corner services on sat at 10am. I can add these guys to that load but I have to be back in Newcastle for 11.30 so cant really come any further down. Also my day job is soo unpredictable (social worker) that I cant really promice anything except at weekends.

Last edited:
ok, well Hugo said she was setting off at 9:30am Saturday, so needed the buns with her by then.

Can anyone else help?

After this Saturday I won't be able to help out cause I'm not going to be in Nottingham again until January :(
Anyone?

Sorry if they can't be got to me by saturday we wont be going that way again for awhile either.

There is a chance we may be going back in January, but this isn't a certainty

Noooooooooooooooooo! :cry:

Really hoped the trip would work this time...Lisa, could you amend the title again in case anyone new sees it?

Noooooooooooooooooo! :cry:

Really hoped the trip would work this time...Lisa, could you amend the title again in case anyone new sees it?

I really hope it works out. I guess it is just such a long journey, it must be at least 8 hours :?

When we got our bunny from newcastle offers of help kept falling through so Steve drove all the way himself, stayed in a hotel and made a little holiday of it :lol:

Fingers crossed they can be got to us in time :wave:

So to keep adding to this thread, but I'm now travelling from Nottingham (M1 J24/25) to Newport Pagnall services (M1 J14/15) this Saturday. I'm planning to get down there for about mid-day, but can make it a little earlier if necessary. I could go down as far as Toddington services if needed.

So to keep adding to this thread, but I'm now travelling from Nottingham (M1 J24/25) to Newport Pagnall services (M1 J14/15) this Saturday. I'm planning to get down there for about mid-day, but can make it a little earlier if necessary. I could go down as far as Toddington services if needed.

Toddington services is only 15 mins from us but we need to be in essex by 11.30 :(

I just wanted to add that we have just seen the weather forecast for the weekend in this area and it is freezing fog which is not lifting during the day :(

There is no way I am letting Steve travel round the M25 in these conditions, so before any final arrangements are made please can people check the weather forecast to see if it changes. As we can't take that many bunnies in and keep them here indefinately :?

I keep checking to see if there is any progress with this. I am assuming that as its gone quite this the buns aren;t coming here tomorrow :?

I keep checking to see if there is any progress with this. I am assuming that as its gone quite this the buns aren;t coming here tomorrow :?

Doesn't seem like it's going to happen...

I'm going to leave Nottingham at about 7pm tomorrow I've decided, but I could pick the rabbits up earlier in the day, if anything can be sorted.

Otherwise I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

Seems a shame to get so close :(

Doesn't seem like it's going to happen...

I'm going to leave Nottingham at about 7pm tomorrow I've decided, but I could pick the rabbits up earlier in the day, if anything can be sorted.

Otherwise I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

Seems a shame to get so close :(

It is a shame, but I was also getting concerned that the whole journey was becoming far too stressful for the bunnies and I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable about it :?

I know we have collected a bunny from Newcastle before but it was done in one car, in one day with his new daddy and it still took him ages to recover from it. The only reason we took a bunny from such a distance was because his onlyother option was pts :(

It is a shame, but I was also getting concerned that the whole journey was becoming far too stressful for the bunnies and I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable about it :?

I know we have collected a bunny from Newcastle before but it was done in one car, in one day with his new daddy and it still took him ages to recover from it. The only reason we took a bunny from such a distance was because his onlyother option was pts :(

I agree and had started wondering whether a rescue/fosterer could be found as a temporary measure, to break the journey up a bit for them. The fact that there are three buns should make it less stresssful than the single bun you mention, but even so it isn't ideal.

If we could divide it into two or even three shorter journeys it may be better. :?

Well tomorrow these buns are moving to Leeds as we have to sort outt taking in all the rabbits from west farm. The problem is that most of the west farm rabbits are not yet suitable for re-homing and need to over winter with us. These girls have been with us for a year and are happy and healthy so they can easily be moved to make space. The rescue in question is run by a lovely lady in leeds who is a member on here and I shall certainly make her aware of this thread and of your interest in the rabbits Tinsel.

I will be sad to see them go :(

Well tomorrow these buns are moving to Leeds as we have to sort outt taking in all the rabbits from west farm. The problem is that most of the west farm rabbits are not yet suitable for re-homing and need to over winter with us. These girls have been with us for a year and are happy and healthy so they can easily be moved to make space. The rescue in question is run by a lovely lady in leeds who is a member on here and I shall certainly make her aware of this thread and of your interest in the rabbits Tinsel.

I will be sad to see them go :(

Thank you, Liza, for the update. And I'd like to thank every who offered to help with the bunnyrun, even though it didn't quite come to fruition, and especially Kris who was going to receive the buns in readiness for their spay.

Leeds is much nearer. I will definitely be driving to Oxford soon after Christmas - maybe a shorter bunnyrun will be possible then. I would be really glad if the new rescuer/RU-er could pm me, as I'm really keen to offer this little trio a forever home...:wave:

Thank you, Liza, for the update. And I'd like to thank every who offered to help with the bunnyrun, even though it didn't quite come to fruition, and especially Kris who was going to receive the buns in readiness for their spay.

Leeds is much nearer. I will definitely be driving to Oxford soon after Christmas - maybe a shorter bunnyrun will be possible then. I would be really glad if the new rescuer/RU-er could pm me, as I'm really keen to offer this little trio a forever home...:wave:

Oh Yes keep us all updated please. That would be wonderful.

:wave:

Back