• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Mini Lop x doe, very sad story

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Sparkle05

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message. Rehoming our gorgeous bunny Sparkle is the saddest thing that my family and I have ever had to do.

Sparkle is a female, 3 years old mini-lop cross, white with grey and brown patches. She has the loveliest nature, she loves pats and cuddles and is not bothered by noise and commotion from our children. She is a house rabbit and has spends her days free-range in the garden and sleeps in-doors at night. She comes inside when called (mostly!) and is fully litter-trained. She has been neutered and vaccinated. Her teeth are in very good condition and she has never had any health problems.

She came with us from New Zealand when we moved here 16 months ago. She took the move well and has been as happy as ever. Unfortunately, due to the credit-crunch my husband has been made redundant and we are forced to return to Australia. We had no idea that Australia will not accept rabbits from the UK. It was not something we looked into because we expected to be here for at least 5 years. Because his employment is finished the work visas become void and we must depart the Uk within 28 days.

We are all devastated because she is such an important member of our family. We would love to find her a home with someone who truly loves rabbits and appreciates them for the intelligent and loving creatures that they are. We are located in Berkshire, near Windsor.

Thank you so much for your time. We do not know anyone that can take a house rabbit and we are desperate to find a suitable home for her.

Regards,

Alicia

That's such a sad story, I'm so sorry you are having to part from your bunny.
I hope someone can offer her a good home. :(

Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind words. We are all just so sad because she is such an important part of our family. She has the sweetest nature and is so even-tempered. Fingers crossed that someone out there will be able to take her.

Oh goodness I am so sorry :cry:

I do wish I could help. I really hope that Sparkle will find a perfect home and that her new care givers will be able to keep in touch with you via email once you return to Australia.

Blimey, your situation has brought a tear to my eye :cry:

How sad :( You must be devastated. Hope someone can take on your bun and keep you up to date with how she is getting on

Kay - it says Windsor, Berkshire.

This is another one I will show to my friend who is looking for a new companion for her bereaved buck.

I really hope you manage to find a lovely home for her before you return to Australia, this must be so hard for you :(

Hi,

Thanks for all your lovely thoughts.

Yes, we are in Berkshire, between Windsor and Maidenhead. Very close to the M4.

Hope you can find someone but if not, please PM me nearer the time - we live in Windlesham so not too far away. I will put the word out that she is looking for a home, and we might be able assist with a foster placement.

Helen

What a heart breaking story. :cry::cry::cry: I feel so sorry for you and I wish I could help but having just lost both my bunnies recently it's just too soon for me to help another needy bunny.
I hope you find a new loving home real soon.
Sending lots of bunny wishes.

Do you have any pictures of her? It might held in finding her a home.

I am so sorry that you have had to make this decision. I wish you the very best. x

I'd take her in a heart beat for you if I could.
This is so awful :( You must be devestated :(
I hope she finds the forever home she deserves :(

I have someone waiting for a mini lop to bond with her male and he his a house rabbit. She would have the best home and we could definately do regular updates. That is if you would be prepared for her to travel up to me:D

I have someone waiting for a mini lop to bond with her male and he his a house rabbit. She would have the best home and we could definately do regular updates. That is if you would be prepared for her to travel up to me:D

As the Bun has travelled from NZ to the UK I think Berkshire to Bolton will be nothing !!

Sparkle05 it would be wonderful if Sparkle could be settled in her new home before you have to leave for Australia. I know Kayj will make certain that you receive regular updates on how Sparkle is doing. I bet she'd email you loads of piccies too :)

ohh i hope that kayj can find her a home. if that home isnt what you want i wil lhelp home check for you locally i you need me to and as duchess said possibly one of us local could take her in temperarily pm me closer to the time if still not found anyone and duchess/rescues cant help. until she can get her forever home if the 28days run out..... i feel very sorry for you and your family i hope she gets a smashing home my fingers are crossed for you.. im in langley nr slough so not far away from you .

Hope she finds a lovely home :( I'm only about an hour away and travel up as far as Leamington/Coventry regularly so if I can be of any help with transport please do ask! :)

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely messages. We are so touched.

Bonbons - I'm so sorry for your loss and for thinking of us when you must be so sad yourself.

Duchess - Thank you for the offer of a foster placement if we don't find her a suitable home. It's good to know.

Teddy Patches - What a kind offer of transport. I'll keep that in mind - thank you.

Bunlover - thank you for offer of homechecking if we need it. That's a big help.

Kayj has a possible home for Sparkle in mind and it sounds like a wonderful home for her. Although it is some distance from here fingers crossed that it
all works out.

I cannot tell you how relieved I feel today after discovering this site. I don't fell nearly as desperate and bereft as I felt yesterday. Thank you all for caring so much!

Unfortunately I can't seem to post images or upload any photos of her. The only one I can do is in my avatar.

Alicia

How soon do you want her to come up to me? We can arrange a bunny run to get her to me:D

Back