• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lumps?!

Chipmunk_K

Mama Doe
Hi,

Sooty and Fidget now have lumps on their backs, (sooty has 2 fidge has 1) There is nothing on the skin, no scabs, or anything to show it being an external injury, they are about the size of a spot (that you would feel on your face etc) and seem to (but I'm not 100% sure) move slightly with their skin.... any ideas?

If these bunnies are sick too, :shock:I think I'll fall apart... can't cope with any more :lol:

was gonna say exactly the same, biggles had a small lump that grew to the size of an egg after his myxi jab :shock: he was fine rang vets who just told me to watch it, he was fine bit woozy for the first few days but poos and everything else was took 6 weeks for it go though, i find when youve had a few poorly buns you go into panic mode with all your other buns,and watch for every wrong poo and wonder why they havent eaten for two hours etc, i think at lot of us have been there :oops: if it make you feel better ring the vets for advise, how old are they ?

They are 9 weeks on sunday.. they had their myxi jabs over a week ago (wed 30th) :shock: would it be the effect a week later?! I've never had that happen before... yes I'm a bit like... eeekk do I panic or not hehe

My initial thoughts were that it would be vaccine related so I wouldn't worry about it. I think they will dissapate soon.

Back