• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: 50 abandoned rabbits - please help

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Neil-and-Maria

50 rabbits have been abandoned in Blackpool area and the RSPCA are desperate for any help that is available please. They simply don't have the space for 50.

The details (what little I know) are that a man has kept these rabbits and has moved away telling his sister that they are there and do what you like with them. :shock:

There seems to be quite a few dutches and many of the females have litters/are pregnant etc. They have not been well looked after so claw trims will probably just be the tip of the iceberg.

The Blackpool RSPCA would be very appreciative of anyone who can foster, rehome or give a home to any of these bunnies. All bunnies will be neutered ( or neutering paid for) and any immediate veterinary costs will also be covered.

Blackpool RSPCA does not euthanase healthy animals so please if any one can help please pm me your number and I will call you.

Thanks for reading

Maria x

Last edited:
Oh my goodness how awful.

I hope the bunnies will be ok. Sorry I am too far away to help, but wish you all luck in getting them good homes.

Thanks to everyone for reading and replying.

Can I just say that if anyone is able to foster and possibly find a home for their fosters then distance isn't too much of an issue.

If any rescues have spaces then again all the vet fees, neutering etc are covered by the RSPCA - we just want to get as many out as possible.

Thanks

Maria x

Oh no thats really awful, again we are all the way down in London so too far away, hope you can get it sorted :D

If distance is no issue, i can possibly take in two. A pair preferably as it will possibly be my last hutch free (im waiting on two being donated but have no idea when that will be.

Is it worth contacting the RWA who have an alert system for cases like this. You might reach more people than just people on this forum.

I'm in Pontypridd, South Wales and am very happy to foster, have only one spare hutch unfortunately - but room for two if they are together.

We live all the way down in Surrey, but we might be able to foster two if someone could get them down here (or somewhere near).

Letichia

Last edited:
I think I would be inclined to put a request up in the transport section in preparation for helping these buns as I know a member who will be willing to help with part bunnyrun;) If you can get as many volunteers as possible with transport, it will make transporting so many buns easier once it is established where they will be going to:D

Its bad enough hearing about a few buns being left by uncaring owners, even sadder to hear such large amounts being deserted:cry::cry:

I am also in South Wales and not too far from NellieNooNoo who has offered to foster. I have two spare hutches at the mo so could help with fostering 2 singles or possibly 2 pairs. Please PM if any good to you.

I could foster one single or a pair, only temporary as the hutch is going to be converted to one large hutch...

They would need to be brought here tho x
ETA would need help with costs as i have another bun coming for moo moo soon...

and must ask nick before 100% confirming x

If this situation is really desperate, I could take 1 small bun. I'm currently totally full up except for my emergency hutch which is a narrow 4 footer.

I could also help out with transport if any buns need to come via the east midlands area. I could do Stoke to Nottingham, or Nottingham down the M1/A1 if placements are offered down south.

Amy

Last edited:
Back