• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi : ) & bonding!

beck

Mama Doe
Hello strangers :D :D :wave: Hope everyone is ok.

Well a quick update on whats been happening:

Toffee was neutered 6 weeks ago, he is soooo friendly and adorable :love: :

toffee06.jpg

So it's now time to bond him with Chandra:

Chandra06.jpg

This is where they are living at present dog crate and pen, side by side, but seperated (1/2 each) and regularly swapped round to help them get used to each others smell:

cage.jpg

They have had nose to nose contact when Toffee has been out he seems interested and goes up to Chandra at the cage bars - but Chandra tries to go for him :no: :( (bite and scratch)

I am hoping that neuteral terriotary and distractions of food and toys will help.
I don't know whether to try outside or indoors, it's a bit cold to be outside for ages, but grass is a good distraction! I might try a big pile of grass indoors as a compromise.

Any advice will be gratefully recieved :D I will post here as a bit of a bonding diary for anyone interested.

Wish me luck :!:

good luck!

Im trying to bond mine too.

Im sure someone told me that you shouldnt cut grass and give it to bunnys. I might be wrong though. Just incase you were thinking about cutting some to bring inside for them

yep grass cuttings aren't good for bunnies.

Try to take them somewhere where neither bunny has been before for the bonding, you'll find it so much easier!

My grass is to long and wet to cut even if I wanted to.

I regularly pick a big pile of grass for the buns and piggy.

I bonded Blue and Brian without too much trouble - just seemed like it at the time! :lol: the only thing with them is that they had an initial intro at a rescue first, but as Toffee came from the oxfordshire buns there is no choice of partner this time round.

Good Luck!! Hope it goes well. Like you and others have said, neutral territory, food distractions, time and patience and fingers crossed!! :D

Good luck with the bonding. I always thought it was only grass cut with a mower that was bad?? I cut some bits of grass with scissors for my bunny. Hope that is ok!

Would be interested in a diary thread as now Pickle is neutered I will be looking for a girlfriend for him and want to know how it is done!!

Back