• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you live in Newcastle please help. U/D Post 197

I will do, I can take them permanently but they will be a bit cramped for a couple of months at first, so I might try to rehome them. I know what I'm like though, I will find it hard to let them go. thanks though :) i'll put pics up.

Hi,

My sis is down here on Fri night and will be going back to Newcastle on sun. I only have a spare 4 four foot hutch tho, but if it would be any use am sure sis could take it and would meet you somewhere with it if I ask nicely!

Let me know if it would be any use, even to attach to another smaller hutch as a temp measure.
:wave:

Would probably be useful but wouldnt have a way to get the hutch back to you when I either replaced it, or rehomed the buns, for at least 3 months. would that be ok? if so it would be a great help :)

Would probably be useful but wouldnt have a way to get the hutch back to you when I either replaced it, or rehomed the buns, for at least 3 months. would that be ok? if so it would be a great help :)

oh no that's fine hun, was only going to be taking it to the tip anyway.
It needs a bloomin' good clean but can do that this week.

Will PM you now
x

Will you still be wanting the puppy crate Nicola if you are having the hutch off P Prod if so can you let us know asap as Mike and John were making a special journey to drop it off.

thanks Maysie :lol:

Just a quick update on the situation: I have a puppy crate on loan and a hutch coming on Sunday, so for now we should be okay. Thanks for the support everybody :). If anyone are interested in giving them a home, let me know, I will post the details and some photos on here as soon as I can, right now it's all a bit up in the air, wouldn't be surprised if the pet shop think they are dogs :roll: they are so clueless.

Ideally I would like to put them together as a bonded pair, but I don't know why they have been separated, so it is possible they have been fighting. Or she may have separated them to make a sale easier. I'm assuming if they have lived together for 3 years they have been neutered/spayed, but again, I'm not sure, when I asked she had no idea.

I'll make a proper thread for rehoming them when I have more info, and pop a link in here.

thank you very much Lottie :) I'll ring them today. Just read in another thread you need somewhere in the NE to keep your hamsters and rabbits for a couple of days. Im full to bursting really but I might be able to help with a hamster or two if Newcastle is helpful PM me if it is xx

The rabbits are here, not sure of sexes, apparently a boy and girl :roll: dont think the guy even knows if he is a boy or girl himself. dont want to go into too much detail here but PM me if you want more info. They are in a right state.

If they are in a bad state then take pics and phone the RSPCA and see if they will do anything:?

Aw....poor things. Hopefully they'll soon realise they can trust you. Are they eating?

no not yet, theyve only been in 15 minutes though. i bought a bag of the rank stale muesli they use in there so they arent changing too much, and their poos are really sloppy and smelly. and their bums are caked with poo. is there anything i can do with this or am i best leaving the vet to sort it out?

Back