• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: 50 abandoned rabbits - please help

I think I have now replied to everyone - if I have missed you please pm and remind me - it has been very hard to keep track. :oops:

Won't be on until tomorrow evening now so I hope to have news then.

Thanks again

maria x

If you can take 5 in July we would be happy to foster them untill then, or even for a few months, we just can't take any forever. We are below London as well though so I don't know if you are thinking of arranging any runs? Let me know if we can help with fostering.

UPDATE

There are now 50+ rabbits at Blackpool RSPCA. The conditions were so bad that all rabbits were removed immediately. I am going down tomorrow and will have more details then, but please if there are any more offers out there please let me know. I am after hutches in Manchester and Bolton - I have willing fosters but no accommodation so if any in those areas has an unused hutch please let me know.

I believe the plan is to get as many neutered as soon as possible before sending out to be fostered or rehomed.

Thanks for all the help offered so far.

Maria x

yeah which ever i dont mind im in hull three times a week with coll so could always pop them up just let me know when they are coming
x

Oh goodness.. I'd totally missed this thread!

I'm most likely too far away, but I have two spare hutches (5ft / 6ft) which could either be made available or I could foster if a rescue would take them for rehoming. Hutches are too large to fit into my car I'm afraid!

Hannah

p.s. well done for you efforts so far, hope the bunnies find a place to lay their little heads soon.

I have just remembered that we will be going down south (from Bolton) on 1st July - to Milton Keynes - so can offer transport to there or thereabouts.

Siona, I'm in Essex too :wave: and apparently if enough of us can take a bun or too a bunnyrun could be arranged.. :)

I have just back from the RSPCA and have now seen all the bunnies. :love: There are lots of dutch buns including those who have been crossed with lionheads and english. :roll: I will put photos on later. All the buns seem healthy except for a couple which are having veterinary treatment.

We have arranged for all the neutering to be done at Stapeley and Blackberry Farm. A couple of RSPCA's have accepted some buns for us and will help with some transport. there will be a couple of journeys where transport will be required (Stapely to Marlborough on Sunday week) and one other that i can't remember without looking it up.

We have secured enough places for all the bunnies (and a few extra) and i will be getting in touch with you all to let you know exactly what is going on. We will concentrate on those nearest first for obvious reasons.

I would like to thank you all again for all your offers of help and support.

I am just going to have my dinner then start to contact everyone again! :D

Maria x

Thats good news Maria. Well done for helping with the organisation and placements of these bunnies.

The RSPCA rehoming centre in Aylesbury is called Blackberry Farm - is the the one?

Good news things are getting sorted for them.

Hannah

I think it's times like this you get your faith back in humanity.

Maria and all the other rescues.
I'd just like to say that I think you are great and admire you for your commitment and hard work caring for all these abandoned and neglected buns.
Your work is not going unnoticed, you should all be given a medal.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

:D

Back