• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet Bed

Hi!
I was just after a bit of advice. Bramble and Blossom wee in their litter tray and in their bed. :roll:

They never did this when we first had them but now they do it all the time.
I've tried taking their bed away for the day and back at night but it just wont work. :evil:

Anybody know how I can stop them weeing in their bed :?:

In there bed they have lots and lots of hay to snuggle in :D

Their litter tray used to have wood shavings in but I have changed this to paper and hay after reading on here about the affects wood shavings can have on our buns but they were doing it before the change.

hi

My 2 don't have a bed - just 2 huge boxes of litter and hay - which I guess they must sleep in as well as toilet in - although every time I go in there they are snuggled up on the concrete floor :shock:
Well if you had a choice of a house with fleece in and on top, a fluffy baby blanket, massive carpet or a litter box with hay in - I guess concrete would win every time (especially in this weather!) :roll:

hi

If you put vetbed fleece in their 'bed' I bet they would start sleeping in their litter trays :lol:

Sooty said:
Is the hay in both places confusing them?

No, the hay in both places cant be confusing them because they were doing this wet bed stuff only a couple of days after we got them, before we started to put hay in the litter tray. So Im at loss to what is making them do this. :?

Might be there have picked a 'litter corner' each. Can you add a litter tray to the bed to make it easier to clean. I wouldn't worry too much about it, its there house, if they want to poo in their bed they won't listen to your views on the matter ;)

Tam

Back