• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Boys

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi All,

Just wondering whether two bucks can live as a happily together as a doe/buck pair?

Im not getting another bun or anything, jsut curious for future reference really as we tried our buck with a female and he was petrified of her!! :shock: So just wondered if it was just having another bun around him or if it was because it was a girlie!!

It wouldn't be just because she was a girlie, more likely she had a personality that worried him. Boys can get along together but boy/girl is usually easier. Rabbits do go very much on character when they pick a mate.
One of mine rejected everyone I introduced her to male or female and then one day she met the rabbit she wanted and now she cuddles up and grooms him and generally acts like he's the centre of her universe. She still hates all the others though :?

Sweetie kates right it just depends on bunny temprement, my old english changes her mind every six months as to who she wants to live with, it's a hit and miss thing.

Yeah you`re right, im just really scared at getting another rescue rabbit (the girl was from the rspca) and them not getting on again and having to take her back. It broke my heart taking the other one back as I felt like id let her down!

Can bunnies live just as happily on their own? Elvis (my bun) seemed to perk up once we took the other bun back and hes more playful than hes ever been now!

Yeh they can be quite happy on there own, i had a dutch called boss he was a rescue and he didn't like any of the other buns and lived on his own and was happier that way! you could always try taking your bun to your local RSPCA and introducing them there and see how they get on!?

really Phill you have 2 change your old english bunny's friend every six months as she goes off her partners? :shock: :lol:

If you get another rabbit from a rescue and ask them to pair up them for you. Most rescues keep a neutral area which they can use for pairing up and are more than happy to do this for you, it is something which they do frequently. A lot of people have problems with pairing up because they do not have an area of their house / garden which their original rabbit does not consider his.

Back