• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Molly

luvabun

Warren Veteran
We went to the Vets for a weekly check and 2 Vets had a feel and the masses are still there but they said to keep an eye on her and bring her in in a couple of weeks if no change and sooner if there was. I then went round to a friends (Bugsy's Mum) for coffee and Molly was loose in the kitchen. She did her Thumper from Bambi impression on the laminate floor (bless) then sprawled out by the kitchen door, casually watching the world go by. When I picked her up I noticed there was blood in her wee again. Phoned the Vets and they asked for a sample which I took in. They confirmed it is blood and to keep an eye. It could have been that whatever the masses are, bled because 2 of them palpated her. I think I've got a tough decision to make fairly soon. I hope I know when its time to let her go without her suffering. At the mo she's spawled out in the kitchen looking so comfortable. She still hops round the garden and leads me a merry dance when I try to catch her. She's digging a hole in the garden - I think she's trying to get to Australia!!! So while there's life in her, I'll hang on. I will need advice from the brave ones who have let go on here recently to let me know how and when I will know the time is right. Hang in there girl.

aawww Jill.. so sorry to hear this. Molly sounds like she is enjoying life at the moment! Im sure you will know if the time comes.. if she stops eating, isnt lively for example.
I hope you dont have to make this decision for a long time yet and enjoy her for as long as you can.

Hi Jill - that's a feisty old lass you have there, and Chris is right, she's enjoying life. I'm sure she'll let you know if things change.

I'm not sure you'll need advice, your posts have shown the close relationship you have with Molly, even in the short time she's been with you. You know her better than anyone, and will notice the changes in her behaviour.

You should be very proud that you've given her a life that she truly thinks is worth living to the max :)

Awww Jill sorry to hear its not such good news for Molly. Sounds positive just now though and who knows she may very well have life in her for a while, Jasper certainly did she kept going for 6 months after I was told it would only be weeks!
I know its an old cliche but you will just know when its time. With Jasper just the other weekend she stopped eating her pellets which she normally went mad for, her breathing got worse, I definately think breathing changes when bunnies aren't comfortable. She was still munching hay but the amounts decreased day by day. Emmm to be totally honest I can't think of anything else as the main factor was Jasper suddenly lost her love for life, she always liked coming through to the living room to binky and have a dash about and chin things but the last time she was through she just sat there and munched a bit of brocolli and she did venture up the hall but looking at her I knew it was too much for her to do anymore than that.
Its also in the eye's, looking into her eye's I could see she was tired and had enough and wanted to go.
I hope Molly keeps up her love of life!
Angela

i am sorry to hear your news, :cry:

I am sure if the time comes and thats a big IF, you will know when to call it quits,

she still has life in her and i am sure she is going no where fast.

Get better soon molly!!!

Hi Jill :D

It might be just as you say, the lumps bled because she has be examined by the vets :? Molly sounds happy enough with life at the moment and clearly adores you to pieces :wink: :D Is she still on the tea :?: might be that that is suspending the growths :wink: :)

If the worst should come, you will know in your heart of hearts that the time is right :wink: it is not an easy decision for anyone to make :cry: but for now, you are doing all you can to make Molly's life a happy and comfortable one :wink: :D Try not to worry to much and take it day by day :wink: give Molly a hug a nose rubby from me :wink: :D

good luck with Molly, as others have said you will know what is best, and full credit to you that you will put her out of her misery before she gets to the suffering stage.....................it is hard but fingers crossed she has a good while yet - and don't worry :wink:

So sorry to hear that Molly is still bleeding. You are doing everything you can, and she obviously loves you very much as she has proved she is a little fighter. xx

Awww bless little Molly - she seems to be enjoying herself at the moment and I think as the good folks on here have already mentioned - being her mum you will know her the best and you'll know instinctively when the time is right to let her go. But for now your doing a grand job with her and just take it one day at a time and enjoy your time together.

Sending a Snuggle and Nose Rub to little Molly.

I am sorry to hear about poor Molly :( She is doing very well indeed. Don't worry I think you will know when she isn't well and uncomfortable. Hang in there. Although I have not lost a bun lately I have lost a lot of buns in the past due to old age. It hurts no matter what the situation - but by the sounds of it, it is not Molly’s time yet :)

Jill, when you have time, could you pm me the link to the essaic tea :wink: I forgot to save it :roll: :oops:

Guys I cannot thank you enough for all your kind comments and support, I feel truly blessed that I belong to such a community. I can see I will spend a few hours tomorrow giving Molly nose rubs and strokes.... this ones from..... and this ones from.....

ahhhhhh we all love Molly though and want her to live to 20 years old!!! Remember you have to give her a birthday :D :D :D

luvabun said:
Guys I cannot thank you enough for all your kind comments and support, I feel truly blessed that I belong to such a community. I can see I will spend a few hours tomorrow giving Molly nose rubs and strokes.... this ones from..... and this ones from.....

Awww, well you can spend some more time giving nose rubs as I am sending 50 nose rubs this time :wink: :D

I have just caught up with news about Molly. She sounds as tho she is still enjoying life, as others have already said you def know when the time is up. Give her lots of nose rubs and cuddles from me, she is a little star :) And ur a bunny angel :D

How is she today?

Nicola

nicolar said:
I have just caught up with news about Molly. She sounds as tho she is still enjoying life, as others have already said you def know when the time is up. Give her lots of nose rubs and cuddles from me, she is a little star :) And ur a bunny angel :D

How is she today?

Nicola
Blood in the wee again :cry: but hopping and digging like there's no tomorrow; eating and pooping and sprawling out with her legs behind her in that "I'm so comfortable" pose

Oh poor Molly :( Perhaps it was cos the vets squeezed something too hard, ive got my fingers crossed thats wot it is!!

She certainly doesn't sound in pain!! A happy bun by the sounds of it which is brill news - keep it up Molly :)

Nicola

Back