• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

harem ideas please!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi i have decided (pending the home check) that i am gonna take both valentine and flora, my contience cant take it.....

so i want some advise on how to bond a threesome, i am only gonna have one of them in the house, and bond the other with one of the out door rabbits.

the question is how to do it? do i bond her in to and already established pair or bond her into a pair that i am bonding at the moment, and how do you do that bond with both other partners or one at a time. :? :?

oh and i forgot to ask whats the best working combo 2 females and a male or 2 males and a female. all castrated!!

please help

eve x

Hey Eve well done :D . I've found two does and a buck easier, but I know of success the other way too. Sure you don't want a nice little trio of house rabbits :lol:
That bonding site's good btw, it worked for me. Amazing woman she is!

hi kate, i cant my o/h would go mad!!!!

they were both outdoor buns anyway so i will intergrate one into one of the other packs!!!

eve x

Lucky I don't have an o/h at the moment as I'm about to add two more to my indoor herd :lol: . That'll be eight little wallpaper rippers on the loose :? . Anyone who comes into life is already going to have the fait accompli :p
Good luck with your homecheck and new additions :D

KateRowan said:
Hey Eve well done :D . I've found two does and a buck easier, but I know of success the other way too. Sure you don't want a nice little trio of house rabbits :lol:
That bonding site's good btw, it worked for me. Amazing woman she is!

Hiya Kate - just out of interest - how did your bonding go with the two does and a Buck - did one get left out or did they all bond equally?? - just that at some stage in the future I might try this with my three?

Hi Lany
It worked out so easily I'm embarrassed to say I can't take any of the credit. The two does were bonded and the buck was miserable on his own. First time they met after four months separation was like a party, they sniffed noses then all went into a binkying fit that lasted on and off for about an hour, just leaping and twirling round and under and over each other, it was like a ballet. Then they settled down to groom and eat together. When I tried to get him away from them because I didn't want to leave them alone unsupervised he hid behind them and they were guarding him, it was so sweet.
He actually went straight into their cage later that same day and they just accepted him completely. I kept him separate for a further few days when I had to be out of the house but it wasn't necessary, they were inseparable and it made him so miserable to leave them. They've been living together ever since. I worried that one might get left out but they do everything as a threesome, they just couldn't be happier with each other. I know this is a bit of an ideal tale but it is just magical to see them. My others have taken the usual longer bonding route so as I always say it depends on the rabbits :D .

I've got 2 boys and a girl bonded and they get on just fine. We introduced the second boy (Dudley) to the existing pair. I think how easy it is depends on the personality of the buns. Rosie didn't care, it was Percy who was defending his territory and his gal to start with. Dudley was so laid back he let Percy chase him around til he got bored. There was very little fighting.

Having unsuccessfully (so far) tried to introduce Jemima to the three - who is far more aggressive - I think it's probably more down to personality than what sex they are.

excellent news Eve I am really pleased for you..............now you will have the dilemma of which to have in the house :lol: :lol: will that be Kymber's choice?

KateRowan said:
Hi Lany
as a threesome, they just couldn't be happier with each other. I know this is a bit of an ideal tale but it is just magical to see them. My others have taken the usual longer bonding route so as I always say it depends on the rabbits :D .

Awww bless - thanks for this Kate - how lovely - I hope eventually my three will be a happy troop but at the moment I'm having trouble detaching myself from Zac as were well and truely bonded together :lol: and I need to get him Neutered first - the girls are spayed but I didn't want him to harass them too much :roll:

Eve - Soz to hijack your thread - but good luck with your bunny group bonding.

no problem lany, we are after the same thing

i was wondering the same thing lany, do i really want a bunny nicking the afection i get from kymber to another bun, ah well if he does good luck to him i have my own big bunny anyway :shock:

but if anyone does have any suggestion about how and who i should bond the extra one to i would be very grateful!!!

Bonding into a trio can either be really easy - I had one form when the male jumped into the run with two girlies and they welcomed him straight away, or really hard - I have just failed with two trios I was trying , in one although I got each girl bonded with the male they wanted to kill each other :? and the other the males were bonded but the female went to war with one of the males where upon the boys started fighting :shock:

The most important thing I think is to match the characters well. Two feisty girls are unlikely to bond. As you have a few rabbits to choose from it should help.

i neither yet know the temperment of either girl, so i will have to wait and see, but id there a better match ie 2 girls & 1 boy or the other way around and or is it better to introduce to a already established pair of whilst bonding a new pair???

Only the buns know the answer to that question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could you recap on what you have already, I can't remember what you have that is bonded and what you have that isn't.

Am I right in understanding that you have one bonded pair already, Kymber indoors and 6 babies in two lots of 3 with the intention of having them all together - how is that going? I am missing some.

I had a bonded pair and tried to introduce another recently bonded pair into a foursome - the two girlies were ok with either male but one male seriously attacked the other and I separated them back into two pairs. I was just starting to make introductions again when I lost one male - I then managed to reintroduce the lone female to the pair - all ok. I now have another male which is proving difficult to introduce to the others, one female attacks him.

Towsbuns said:
Only the buns know the answer to that question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could you recap on what you have already, I can't remember what you have that is bonded and what you have that isn't.

Am I right in understanding that you have one bonded pair already, Kymber indoors and 6 babies in two lots of 3 with the intention of having them all together - how is that going? I am missing some.

I had a bonded pair and tried to introduce another recently bonded pair into a foursome - the two girlies were ok with either male but one male seriously attacked the other and I separated them back into two pairs. I was just starting to make introductions again when I lost one male - I then managed to reintroduce the lone female to the pair - all ok. I now have another male which is proving difficult to introduce to the others, one female attacks him.

i am glad someone is listening to me towbuns well done nearly right just missed a few :lol: :lol:

yep i have one bonded pair, three of each sex babies, they are staying together in threes for the time being (will they are all getting on)

i have another pair that i am trying to bond at the moment (flopsey and boeing) and bertie who is staying on his jacks!! and kymber who is the house rabbit, well i want either valentine or flora to live with him and the one that dont, i want to introduce to one of the other packs, but would not consider really putting her with the first bonded pair as i dont think bracken would accept anyone else at all (but who knows)

now breathe!!! :lol:

Back