• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whimpering sound?

lauren K.

Young Bun
Does anyone's rabbit whimper?

It's not a scream, and she makes it in times when she seems otherwise okay. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I haven't heard of that before. Does she make the sound when you touch her?

Does it look like she's almost hiccuping? sometime rabbits do that but its harmless. It happens somtimes when they eat too fast!

Yes, its a bit squeaky. Have you noticed that the squeak has any meaning with Simba?

She made it this morning when I stopped touching her actually, so I sort of thought she was like a begging dog "oh, give me more schritches. don't stop. wimper wimper."

But I just wondered if it might be pain related or something?

Could it be her grinding her teeth? Some times buns do a gentle grind when they are happy abit like a cat pur.

Tam

Sometimes Ralf starts by growling when he's grumpy about something and then it gets higher and higher and turns into a squeek!! :lol:

one of ours (Suki) tends to squeek a lot. we have had her checked out and vet said nothing is wrong.

We just take it now as she is trying to talk to us, my hubby will have a long chat with her if she is on his lap. Its quite funny as it really does seem like she is replying to him :)

Back