• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

when should i see the sacs???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi my rabbits are now 13 weeks old and have been told they can be neutered at 16 weeks, but i still havent seen there testicals, when should they appear and will they appear is this weather? :oops: :oops:

Hiya, :D

You should of seen them by now, even if they have not dropped fully, are you sure he is a boy?

You couldnt see claudes untill he was about 5 months,but the vets wouldnt castrate him untill 6 months

I am not so sure if maybe I was lied to about Bob's age but he had his fully and he was suppose to not be much older then a baby. Saying that they probably did lie, as they were saying they couldn't sell him anymore because nobody wants an older bun, so I guess they contradicted themselves.

I haven't seen the testes drop before 4 months yet. Normally at 4 months the sacs start to appear along with very small testes. The sacs are paper thin until the testes drop so maybe they are there but you haven't spotted them or have you had a good poke about? :lol:

Angela

Tree said:
Hiya, :D

You should of seen them by now, even if they have not dropped fully, are you sure he is a boy?

there are three that are definitly boys, well they look different to the girls and a good friend whos always keep buns sexed them too.

*waving hand about*

the then 'misty' (whos now smokey) turned out to be a boy his testies have come out now and he is 5 months it is normally very hard to tell when they younger (they just appeared on me!!)

nope i found them,and there 13wks old, had a good route around and they are there, then took them to the vet for there mysi and she said i have to wait for a month to get there vacs out of the way.

It's generally between 12-16 weeks that you can see them, but sometimes it can take much longer!! Best to check it up with the vet!

Back