• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can Atticus have some vibes :(

Thanks everyone, he's more springy this morning and has eaten some bits and passed some stuff, but not enough I don't think, hopefully it continues! He's such a dopey boy now Idk if it's coz he's older now or what but he loves just being stroked [emoji38] he always liked it once he stopped attacking me after his neuter... But he now could sit there all night being petted [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nope back uncomfortable and not eating :(

It is probably as a big clump of poo is being squeezed through his colon. Will he let you do gentle top to bottom abdominal massage. It might help move the splat along. If you are not sure what structures you are feeling when palpating his abdomen then it’s best not to do it. The tucked in sides are probably because his colon has gone into spasm, hopefully that will ease off. I have no idea if it would be worth asking William about giving Buscopan a try. It is used to treat IBS in humans and I have had Rabbits who were prescribed it as a last resort. Not heard it talked about for years though, so maybe it is now a big no, no.

It is probably as a big clump of poo is being squeezed through his colon. Will he let you do gentle top to bottom abdominal massage. It might help move the splat along. If you are not sure what structures you are feeling when palpating his abdomen then it’s best not to do it. The tucked in sides are probably because his colon has gone into spasm, hopefully that will ease off. I have no idea if it would be worth asking William about giving Buscopan a try. It is used to treat IBS in humans and I have had Rabbits who were prescribed it as a last resort. Not heard it talked about for years though, so maybe it is now a big no, no.

Yea probably! Yea he does let me do belly massage, I've become a mini expert on rabbit bellies, having to feel for Clementines bladder too [emoji38] yea he always sucks his sides in (or they suck in, not necessarily him doing it!) ah ill ask him, I just picked up some more meds and talked the nurse into seeing if he'll see my dog when we get him [emoji38] he's gunna be sick of me!

I am one of those whom I think my vet will likely be glad to see the back of me someday. Us who have the chronically ill or just wonky pets who always have an issue with medication that does fine on other animals. :roll:

Pip would get seriously "sucked in" on her flanks during any digestive episode. It was that telltale sign she was in distress. It always meant a trip in for fluids and meds, but that was 30 miles each way back then and she was a surprisingly good traveler. Also that long, winding, bumpy road would sometimes get things moving well enough that she looked fine by the time we got her there. It was maddening! :roll:
She did used to test a bit off on her liver values and the vet thought it might be a contributing factor, though he couldn't pinpoint specific disease related to it. Has Atticus every had liver values run before when this happens?

Hoping your boy will improve soon. I'm sorry he's still uncomfy. :( xxxxx

Thanks everyone one, he's still not good bless him :( he actually groomed me earlier when I was massaging him :(

I am one of those whom I think my vet will likely be glad to see the back of me someday. Us who have the chronically ill or just wonky pets who always have an issue with medication that does fine on other animals. :roll:

Pip would get seriously "sucked in" on her flanks during any digestive episode. It was that telltale sign she was in distress. It always meant a trip in for fluids and meds, but that was 30 miles each way back then and she was a surprisingly good traveler. Also that long, winding, bumpy road would sometimes get things moving well enough that she looked fine by the time we got her there. It was maddening! :roll:
She did used to test a bit off on her liver values and the vet thought it might be a contributing factor, though he couldn't pinpoint specific disease related to it. Has Atticus every had liver values run before when this happens?

Hoping your boy will improve soon. I'm sorry he's still uncomfy. :( xxxxx

Yep the sucking in is the first sign for him too! Problem I have is he's so skinny bless him he looks like he's sucking in sometimes and he isn't [emoji58]

Yea he has and they were fine!

Back