• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snack Time

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
91d0myG.jpg

PS, Cavolo Nero now £1.80 a bag :shock:

91d0myG.jpg

PS, Cavolo Nero now £1.80 a bag :shock:

Beautiful pic :love: The price is shocking though as you get so much from just one plant. I guess it's to do with a shortage of labour for harvesting. Transportation costs could also be a factor I guess, because of an increase in fuel.

awww:love: my bunnies love their "black tongues" too though at that price they might not be getting them often

£1.50 at my Sainsbury's, but prices aren't the same across the country. But there's no whole leaf kale at the moment (out of season until June IIRC) so we're on the expensive stuff. Still better value than the chopped kale :D We eat it, but we take the stalks out (Matt doesn't like them) and we have some conveniently cute waste disposers who're happy to finish off our leftovers. Cavolo nero is also really easy to strip off the stalks :)

£1.50 at my Sainsbury's, but prices aren't the same across the country. But there's no whole leaf kale at the moment (out of season until June IIRC) so we're on the expensive stuff. Still better value than the chopped kale :D We eat it, but we take the stalks out (Matt doesn't like them) and we have some conveniently cute waste disposers who're happy to finish off our leftovers. Cavolo nero is also really easy to strip off the stalks :)

We grow both types of Kale in the garden. At this time of the year, the plants produce side shoots, very similar to sprouting Broccoli. They are very prolific and very tasty :love: I guess commercially, the plants are just uprooted.

We grow both types of Kale in the garden. At this time of the year, the plants produce side shoots, very similar to sprouting Broccoli. They are very prolific and very tasty :love: I guess commercially, the plants are just uprooted.
Yeah, it's big leaves or too labour intensive to mange as I understand!

Jane, Matt saw something on TV the other day about adopting rabbits and their quite-high costs per year, so asked me how much we spend on ours and it was about 10% IIRC XD

Back