• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Joey - foot update

Loooots of good luck vibes for Joey today. It's so understandable that you're quite anxious about it all, j&b. I hope you'll get some reassuring news about Joey's foot as soon as realistically possible. And good luck to Mousey and Boo as well. I hope you won't get peed on, j&b!

You're all really kind - thankyou. I'm feeling guilty putting them through such a long journey but needs must. Mouse has to travel in my arms as so wobbly she can't cope with car movements in the carrier

So the vet based on cytology thinks Joey has a plasma cytoma (tumour consisting of plasma cells). He also has spurry teeth (though I've never had a consult where they've not said that & he's eating hay & pooping well)). So Paul want to remove the lump & sort his spurs when he is under. Lump would then go off for further analysis. Apparently he has seen these lumps many times in dogs but not Rabbits. He has no idea how they behave in rabbits. Allison (vet) also looked at cells & agreed with his analysis

So the vet based on cytology thinks Joey has a plasma cytoma (tumour consisting of plasma cells). He also has spurry teeth (though I've never had a consult where they've not said that & he's eating hay & pooping well)). So Paul want to remove the lump & sort his spurs when he is under. Lump would then go off for further analysis. Apparently he has seen these lumps many times in dogs but not Rabbits. He has no idea how they behave in rabbits. Allison (vet) also looked at cells & agreed with his analysis

I would imagine you are quite nervous at the prospect of having it removed. It would be helpful to know how they behave in rabbits. I believe Ruth is still in contact with Frances as and when needed. I hope they can have her input.

Sending vibes for a smooth removal and good recovery.

I would imagine you are quite nervous at the prospect of having it removed. It would be helpful to know how they behave in rabbits. I believe Ruth is still in contact with Frances as and when needed. I hope they can have her input.

Sending vibes for a smooth removal and good recovery.

Thank You BB. I'm half tempted to email Frances :oops:

I don't know anything about this topic so I can't help. All I can do is pray for Joey. I send a lot of vibrations for him. I'm sending you too many hugs. Xxxxxxxx

I'm impressed that the vet was able to come up with a probable diagnosis so quickly. When will he have it done? I think I would definitely email Frances. My experience with things like this is that vets/doctors like to be involved in rare issues, which it sounds as though this is.

Back