• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urinating on sofa.

Scewae

New Kit
Please help, I have a 10 month old French lop doe who was spayed 9 weeks ago. Every time I let her out she wees on my sofa. I was hoping she would stop after she was spayed but if anything it’s getting worse. I’m having to use washable incontinence pads to try and protect the sofa as you can imagine being a big girl her wee’s are quite voluminous.
Any help is hugely appreciated.

I'm sorry she keeps peeing on the sofa; that's not fun... I'm not sure how long it takes, but the hormones might not be completely out of her system yet? Either way, it probably has become a habit by now, something she'll keep doing regardless of hormones. If you can keep her from getting on the sofa for a while, it'll break her habit and it might be safe to let her back on after a few weeks. Bunnies do like peeing on soft surfaces, though, so it could be something she'll never stop doing.

I've heard that after neutering, rabbits continue to pee on soft places like sofas and beds. So I know the only solution is to not allow but I hope someone who knows the real solution can help you.

Ah that doesn't sound like fun :(
From my experience my boy kept weeing on the sofa and the bed even after he was neutered until I started only allowing him on the sofa and bed when I was around and then watched him like a hawk and as soon as I see the tail go up I'd pick him up and put him in the litter tray and then not let him back on for a bit. Eventually he seemed to get the message and is now fine unsupervised on the sofa.
He still sometimes tries to wee on the bed though so don't think it ever completely goes away

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your replies I’ve tried watching her like a hawk and she knows she shouldn’t be doing it because as soon as I say her name she flicks her ears and runs off. I think I’ll try keeping her off the sofa to see if that will work. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Back