• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's ongoing issues thread U/D p72 PTS :(

Lots of vibes for Lopsy - I hope he feels better soon
Thanks J&B :) He's feeling better, took 2/3 his emeprid dose on pellets (the other 1/3 is for later, 1.5ml is LOADS to fit on pellets for a reluctant bunny!). He's not himself but he's better, and with some emeprid inside him it'll help :) He did kinda stop halfway through and contemplate things, so not out of the woods until poo :)

Chibbs thumped at me :lol: Lopsy's been hiding outside (from my initial administration attempts) in the extension (quite enclosed) and she wasn't going to come out into the wet and see what I was doing, even though I wasn't wearing a hood (gawd it's warm outside), so I got thumped at twice XD

Could be the carbs from the porridge oats has kicked his cecum out of kilter. Personally I would stop the porridge, at least for a few days.

Not sure if he has Cisapride as well as metoclop’, but IME the former is more helpful and less likely to actually cause griping abdominal pains. The two drugs can be used together though. They work in different ways and on different parts of the GI tract.

Hope he is more comfortable by now.

Oh, no, I'm sorry Lopsy was unwell last night. :( I'm glad he felt better later, and I hope he did some poops and got back to normal, and that he's having a good day today. Sending him many vibes! :love:

Thanks everyone! He was totally back to normal a few hours later, by evening pellets time, and I found some hairy (but golden!) very well-strung poos yesterday afternoon :)

Could be the carbs from the porridge oats has kicked his cecum out of kilter. Personally I would stop the porridge, at least for a few days.

Not sure if he has Cisapride as well as metoclop’, but IME the former is more helpful and less likely to actually cause griping abdominal pains. The two drugs can be used together though. They work in different ways and on different parts of the GI tract.

Hope he is more comfortable by now.
Thankyou: yes, I cut the oats down yesterday (and will cut them out today) because he's sustaining a bit more 'covering' over his spine etc., and hasn't gone back to spinal prominence for a few days. I do think I overdid the oats for the last couple of days (over the weekend), a bit heavyhanded with the measuring! Hoping his readigrass arrives today, I'll mix that with banana for him as an extra treat. No Cisapride, I don't recall any of them having had it. I'll ask at his checkup Friday.

We're managing OK with a hay topup every day/twice a day and an inch of pellet-dusty banana I think. I haven't tried to weigh him this week as he's due at the vets Friday, and it's been so wet it's a PITA to move around in their house and get the scales right etc., and I don't want to stress him out by bringing him inside. I'll go foraging this afternoon and the rest of this week (with Matt) in the warmer weather, as it'll bring out the plants! Also there's bound to be some windfall willow :D

We swapped out oats for, guess what I found, hay cookie 'dust'! Much better and just as tasty :D They were well confused by the big willow branch i brought home because it was disguising the forage XD Both very happy with everything though :)

It's been a month pretty much since he was last at the vets, and Chibbs is in for her vaccs Friday so I need to give them an update. I weighed him today: 2.5+kg, minus the 450g of 'other equipment', that's still a solid 2-2.1kg, so either maintaining his 2kg or putting some on. Great either way :) He's quite stained in places, I think he likes to sleep in the wee-y bits of the litter trays and there's not much I can do about that now they're down to just having the one proper indoor area (the playhouse). But he's not matty, and the bits he doesn't seem to wash properly (spiky bits) change every day, so he, well, gets around to them at some point! His paws are clean, clean bum, decent winter coat has come through, no issues anywhere else (eyes, ears etc.), and he didn't spend all day sleeping on the snugglesafe today, I don't think he's even used it: last time it was 10C max during the day he was on it most of the day. But no pile of poo today. We're still being cautious though: better to overprovide heat than let him get too cold!

He's still on 2" banana daily. I can't find canned pumpkin anywhere. He gets a small pinch of oats still, perhaps a gram, and then enough readigrass, hay cookie etc. dust to make a solid paste (about 10g). He gets very excited :lol: They both get very excited at medication time in the morning as well :lol:

Weighing him isn't easy: here's today's setup! He was on the scales long enough correctly to actually get a reading ;D https://twitter.com/keletkezes/status/1455943643601252352 This seems to be the nicest way which doesn't end up in someone getting injured or too much manhandling XD

He's still doing the chewing thing occasionally, but nowhere near as much as a while ago, but he does still spend AGES 'finishing' chewing his food. So he'll eat at normal speed, then spend another couple of minutes chewing quite intensely, but not as noisily as his weird chewing, and then be off and on to the next thing. He's enjoying the alfalfa readigrass, he really likes it, the oat one's a bit take-it-or-leave-it. We'll see from Chibbs' weigh-in Friday how much she's been enjoying it too :lol: She feels a little rounder but that could just be in comparison to Lopsy! A couple hundred grams over her ideal weight won't hurt over winter as she got hypothermia last year :roll: :lol:

Aww I'm glad he's doing well.

Canned pumpkin is usually in the American section of my local big sainsburys if that's any help?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Canned pumpkin is usually in the American section of my local big sainsburys if that's any help?
Thanks, I've looked there but since they've moved all the 'foreign' stuff around things have come and gone and stuff (they've stopped selling kala chana, the ********) so I'll keep going back in case it turns up :D They had no KTC beans this week except normal chickpeas :roll: My next plan is try Asda in a couple of weeks.

What a positive update about Lopsy and also well done for catering to his needs :) Bunnies getting excited about food items is always good to hear.

I would get a squash, cut up some small pieces and cook it. The result will be very similar to canned pumpkin I think.

Asda has all the KTC bean range 3 for £1 at the moment ;)

That's nice to hear that he's doing ok, well done Lopsy xx and good luck with your vaccs Friday Chibs xx

What a positive update about Lopsy and also well done for catering to his needs :) Bunnies getting excited about food items is always good to hear.

I would get a squash, cut up some small pieces and cook it. The result will be very similar to canned pumpkin I think.

Asda has all the KTC bean range 3 for £1 at the moment ;)
Asda never has the good stuff on when I'm there :lol: Might make a trip back via on Tuesday from the air museum. I have cooked lots of squash in the past so I guess if I just roast it au naturel (literally just on its own) it'll be fine? That's probably better than canned because it keeps for about a week in the fridge :D And we can eat it as well! I'll try and remmber to pick some up tomorrow on my way back from the dentist :)

If Lopsy isn't excited about food there's something very wrong. It's how I tell the difference between 'needs a vet' and 'needs some time/brief medical intervention' although that's not always conclusive becasue it wasn't with Aboleth. Chibbs is harder to read :lol:

Doing rewally badly today. He was wet underneath last night but he's had that before as a one-off. He wouldn't eat solid food this morning, happy to wolf down metacam (licked it off a fenugreek crunchie) and mashed banana laced with more metacam and some metoclopramide (2/3 dose). Hopping around (stiffly :S) and happy enough. An hour later, less happy and hoppy. Popped him in a carrier and brought him inside, he seemed kinda stiff and out of it :( Then had a massive tooth grinding session and sort of seemed to have a minor fit, then happy and hopping around the carrier again :S

We have OK output, no input other than a bit of mashed banana, and he favours the snugglesafe sometimes. Off to the vets in a moment.

Doing rewally badly today. He was wet underneath last night but he's had that before as a one-off. He wouldn't eat solid food this morning, happy to wolf down metacam (licked it off a fenugreek crunchie) and mashed banana laced with more metacam and some metoclopramide (2/3 dose). Hopping around (stiffly :S) and happy enough. An hour later, less happy and hoppy. Popped him in a carrier and brought him inside, he seemed kinda stiff and out of it :( Then had a massive tooth grinding session and sort of seemed to have a minor fit, then happy and hopping around the carrier again :S

We have OK output, no input other than a bit of mashed banana, and he favours the snugglesafe sometimes. Off to the vets in a moment.
Oh poor Lopsy :( sending lots of vibes for you both, I hope his vet appointment goes okay xx

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back