• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's ongoing issues thread U/D p72 PTS :(

Loads of vibes for lovely Lopsy. I hope the vet visit goes well and that he can help.

Thanks everyone :) He's in hospital, they're going to stabilise him before doing anything else, so he'll be on a drip and get buprenorphine which he's OK with. I suspect we're looking at a poor outcome (gut feeling says this is it) but we can't have done much sooner TBH so no regrets about not seeking help etc. quicker. He's in the best place for now and we're all trying, it's up to Lopsy and whatever might be wrong to decide further.

I was already having a manic, overworked week with work, window fitters etc., but that side's gone better than expected TBH and I can at least now delay leaving for the conference in Manchester until late Wednesday if it's even an option, so we'll se how it goes! Trying to make sure I drink enough now, I'm a sod for working through drink breaks. And I'll have to factor lunch in at some point! Plus I might need to move upstairs to the office if the fitters want to do the side window right where I'm sat, thankfully I've already partly set up the PC up there so it should be a smooth transition.

Thinking of you lots and hoping for a good outcome, whilst also respecting your gut feeling.

I'm so sorry Lopsy is so unwell. I'm glad he's being looked after well and being stabilised. I hope he'll be comfortable. I'm sorry your gut feeling is saying this is it for him. I'm sending him so many vibes, and hope you'll get some unexpected good news.

He's being PTS at 14:40 :( He's had 2 witnessed fits in the last hour, and while he's recovered fine from them, it doesn't seem fair to let him carry on and further investigations may not reveal anything before he has a final nasty fit or something, plus the vet says anticonvulsants don't always work well in rabbits. He's lost all the weight he put on (he was 2.1kg 9 days ago, 1.8 now) even though he 'felt' better the past few days. He definitely didn't look or feel that skinny so I wonder where he's lost it from :( The massive drop in QoL pretty much overnight is really concerning and I don't think putting him through anything else is worth it for him.

Matt's hopefully coming too :love: There was already a sad occasion this mornig as someone lovely greyhound-looking dog was PTS :( One of us will have to wait outside while the other goes in but it'll be good to have each other there :) Although it does mean I will totally lose it :cry:

He's being PTS at 14:40 :( He's had 2 witnessed fits in the last hour, and while he's recovered fine from them, it doesn't seem fair to let him carry on and further investigations may not reveal anything before he has a final nasty fit or something, plus the vet says anticonvulsants don't always work well in rabbits. He's lost all the weight he put on (he was 2.1kg 9 days ago, 1.8 now) even though he 'felt' better the past few days. He definitely didn't look or feel that skinny so I wonder where he's lost it from :( The massive drop in QoL pretty much overnight is really concerning and I don't think putting him through anything else is worth it for him.

Matt's hopefully coming too :love: There was already a sad occasion this mornig as someone lovely greyhound-looking dog was PTS :( One of us will have to wait outside while the other goes in but it'll be good to have each other there :) Although it does mean I will totally lose it :cry:

Oh I am so very sorry :cry: It sounds as though it is the kindest thing to let him go now x

I'm so sorry you're saying goodbye to Lopsy today 😔 Even though you know it's the right decision, it's still an incredibly difficult one to make. It's really gutting when you had that glimmer of hope that they were starting to turn a corner 😔

I'm so sorry :cry: Sending loads of hugs. I feel as though I've 'known' Lopsy for a long time. He was one of us :love:

I hope Matt was able to be there. I have never handled a rabbit being PTS very well at all, even though knowing it was the right thing to do.

Also thinking of Chibbs.

Back