• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run advice please!

olices

Mama Doe
Any recommendations for a decent rabbit run that we can put on grass. They used to go in an run attached to garage ( that was an old bird aviary) but it had gone rotten so we got rid and we've redesigned the garden with a little lawn too. There are so many online but to be honest I'd like to actually see them before we buy and thought you good people would have some good recommendations :)

Is Runaround an option at all? Alternatively if you've got DIY skills then constructing your own run panels with weldmesh and roofing lathes to fit the size you need may be an option.

Is Runaround an option at all? Alternatively if you've got DIY skills then constructing your own run panels with weldmesh and roofing lathes to fit the size you need may be an option.

Thanks, I'll look into the run round. My husband is actually thinking of building one too he built one years ago for our bridge bunnies which turned out quite well

Thanks, I'll look into the run round. My husband is actually thinking of building one too he built one years ago for our bridge bunnies which turned out quite well

If he does decide to build one then I don't know if this picture would be of use for inspiration. Was taken a while ago so the wooden run on the grass has been replaced by a Runaround one but the wooden runs remains the same and the door is really useful to have. All built from roofing lathes and weldmesh.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMe8c2r4J9sNGd2Flvi4GNYLbcKrjFOK/view?usp=sharing

I had two 8ft by 8ft by 3ft rabbit runs made which 16g weld mesh? I think. The floor mat was 12g weldmesh I know for sure as I put that together myself. I think it'd be possible to make your own tho if you're good at that kinda thing :)

My OH built ours here too. That way you can make it exactly to the size you want and with the materials that you want. I'm sure it will also be a lot cheaper too :)

My OH built ours here too. That way you can make it exactly to the size you want and with the materials that you want. I'm sure it will also be a lot cheaper too :)
You say that... When I priced it up it cost more to get the materials than actually getting the runs made.. Which makes no sense to me tbh!

You say that... When I priced it up it cost more to get the materials than actually getting the runs made.. Which makes no sense to me tbh!

Hm I'm surprised. We didn't have an option to get a ready made one, because we wanted odd shapes to fit in, but it didn't seem that expensive at the time, but didn't actually try to compare.

Totally agree! My Dad made mine years ago from stuff he had lying around and we still need to mesh it :roll:

Tubes: if you want any tubes, you can ask at big depots (Western Power near me always have offcuts in their yard!) or construction sites :D They're broadly the same as Runaround, there are a few types some of which are more like Runaround than others :) I can always pick some up and drop them off for you ;P

Back