• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!!! Nose injury!

mykacarter

New Kit
My bunny, Oreo, has a nose injury. I noticed today, it’s not bleeding but it does seem to be oozing maybe snot, pus, or some sort of fluid. The bottom of his nose is cut open and it looks like his nose is flapping because of it. I don’t know if my female rabbit did it, if he was trying to squeeze through the wire and cut it, if the wire somehow did it, or what happened. I’m scared that it won’t heal or it’ll get infected. I’ve never seen this before, I don’t have a lot of money so the vet is kind of my last option, but I will go if I have to. I need help, please!!

My bunny, Oreo, has a nose injury. I noticed today, it’s not bleeding but it does seem to be oozing maybe snot, pus, or some sort of fluid. The bottom of his nose is cut open and it looks like his nose is flapping because of it. I don’t know if my female rabbit did it, if he was trying to squeeze through the wire and cut it, if the wire somehow did it, or what happened. I’m scared that it won’t heal or it’ll get infected. I’ve never seen this before, I don’t have a lot of money so the vet is kind of my last option, but I will go if I have to. I need help, please!!

Your only option is o take your injured Rabbit to a Vet. Are you in the UK ? If so you may be able to get help from the PDSA, The RSPCA or The Blue Cross

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-of-your-pet/eligibility

https://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/care/vetcare

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/veterinary

Rabbits will bite one another through wire - I always have double wire for this reason. His nose might not heal properly but it might hopefully. You really need to have him checked by a Vet.

Yes, I agree, you should get your rabbit to a vet urgently. Sending lots of vibes.

I’m not in the UK, I’m sadly probably going to have to give him to an animal hospital as a surrender because I cannot afford a vet bill, neither can my family. When I went back in there this morning, it was hanging off, but I separated every rabbit so there is a cage in between, I don’t think it was my other rabbits who did it, my males aren’t aggressive and have even been next to each other with no biting, and my white rabbit has absolutely no blood on her whatsoever. Im going to check in with my local rabbit rescue and see if they can point me to someone who isn’t costly. Thank you so much for your help❤️

Back