• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple

Hi Lucy. Nice to speak to you last night :)
Re bonding. I would try to bond them straight away as if they bond easily it will be good moral support for Maple.
Remember if they do bond send them both to vets when she goes for dental as bond mustnt be broken and she will feel better having him there.
If the bond doesnt go smoothly so looks like it may take longer, then split and keep them seperate til after op.

I think I would bond straight away too as then Maple will have company at the vet. I don't mean put them together the second he arrives but bond sooner rather than later. I agree with Joey and Boo though that it's important to do what feels right for you. I can't even offer to come and help with our current lockdown:(

If there's no symptoms I would go for it. If she's starting to struggle with her teeth then i wouldnt recommend it.

Pulling Rodney out for his hospital visit mid bond was difficult but actually looking back I dont6thin we needed to separate them at that point the vet was just being cautious.

Going in for his dental with her along made a massive difference to him in terms of coping.

It also depends on how quickly new bun settles, I they're happy straight away and Maple isnt struggling I would go straight for the bonding.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input everybun.

I think i need to sploof and sleep on it, but i will be keeping him separate for a couple days at least as it will be too much after his travels. I mean, i could even keep them seperate until after Maples dental & go from there worst case scenario.

They have reduced nursing staff at antons due to covid hense why i could only get in then. The vet said Maple has some large spurs and to keep an eye on until her appointment. I cant remember if Maples ever had a dental before but i don't think she has

Yes I agree, it's very exciting, but I will be relieved when everybun arrives wherever they are going, and KK is safe back home again. Be safe everyone and everybun ! xxx

I’m already excited and will be watching the thread like a hawk. I hope the drive goes safely and new bun isn’t overwhelmed by all the excitement. It’s going to be a long day....

Bunnies had a small breakfast. I have told them they are off to pastures new and they said .. " I hope they'll be veggies !"

Yep definately veggies. Snowflake moved indoors today (radiator off). Pen ready for new rabbit. Tablet ready to take pics (will post them on gpig forum and put a link to it on here).

Bed in pet room ready for supervised bonding in a few days once new rabbit is aclimatised.

Very excited and looking forward to meeting two ruers!

I’m confused but I think I’ve now worked it all out.
And I know how everyone involved is feeling right now because we are spending the day rearranging everything here in Warren Ipswich too. There’s a lot of work and logistics involved but the effort is so rewarding.
Keeping everything crossed for your trip and bond loobers.

I’m confused but I think I’ve now worked it all out.
And I know how everyone involved is feeling right now because we are spending the day rearranging everything here in Warren Ipswich too. There’s a lot of work and logistics involved but the effort is so rewarding.
Keeping everything crossed for your trip and bond loobers.

Hope all is going well at Warren Ipswich too - oh exciting times.

Yep definately veggies. Snowflake moved indoors today (radiator off). Pen ready for new rabbit. Tablet ready to take pics (will post them on gpig forum and put a link to it on here).

Bed in pet room ready for supervised bonding in a few days once new rabbit is aclimatised.

Very excited and looking forward to meeting two ruers!

Oh I am so thrilled with all this.

We are all home & settled :love:

A huge thank you to honeybunnies & KK for him. He’s truly a lovely bun.

He’s had lots of hay and some SS pellets to eat. Also a big drink of water. Just giving him peace and quiet today.

We have put him in a temporary cage in the bunny bedroom with a grid round him so Maple can’t get near him.

I am tempted to start bonding in the lounge tomorrow in my bunny bonding pen all being well :love:

I will post some photos shortly (I have to uses tippers account as my photo limit is up)

Back