• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple

Maple is showing me signs of needing a dental now - her eye has started weeping all down the side of her face & I have been watching her on the camera drinking a lot. So that being said I have brought her dental forward to our vets surgery day this coming Tuesday. Is a case of dropping her off early then picking her up same day.

I should also mention I have found a big lump on Maple. If you where to follow the scruff of her neck and go sideways there is a big lump. I discovered it last night when I was brushing her. I suspect it’s a reaction to the vaccine she always has but this is quite a bit bigger than last time. I’m thinking maybe because it’s the triple vac it might cause a bigger reaction. So another thing to tell my vet to check on Tuesday

To describe it, it’s kind of wobbly and loose to the skin. Does not feel attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww poor Maples. Sorry to hear this. Lucky you didn't start bonding right away. Will Uncle J let her have honey drugs til her dental? Please give her nose rubs from me xx

Sending lots of vibes for Maple to be okay until her dental. Poor girl. I hope your vet will be able to tell you what the lump is, too.

Oh poor Maple, good she let you know before bonding started!

Hopefully it all goes well and the vaccine reaction passes nicely.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Poor Syrupy :( I hope she copes OK until next Tuesday. Bonding can wait. Getting her well again is the priority.

Feeling abit fed up everybun. On a positive note Bodmin seems to be settling into our warrens way. He gets very excited for the lunch time bun run feed. I love his front white paws that come up the bars with excitement

Sending millions of vibes for Maple. She's in the very bestest of care with you Loobers and I'm sure the vet will be able to get Maple all better again. I know it's very much a rollercoaster for you at the moment. So huge hugs to you and hope things settle down soon.
Bodmin sounds the charmer and debonaire bunny who is going to have such the life with you and Maple.
Nose rubs and vibes for Maple xx

Feeling abit fed up everybun. On a positive note Bodmin seems to be settling into our warrens way. He gets very excited for the lunch time bun run feed. I love his front white paws that come up the bars with excitement
Hugs Loobers xx

I hope Maples dental goes well, Bodmin sounds so lovely [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Whilst Maple's dental problems have thrown a spanner in the works, having her dental done and out of the way before you bond might be the best thing in the long run. I agree that I would have been itching to try them together, however with Maple not feeling 100% it would not have been an accurate test with them both. If it proved problematic, you would never have been able to know for sure whether it was a basic problem between them or the fact that Maple was feeling rubbish.

Whilst Maple's dental problems have thrown a spanner in the works, having her dental done and out of the way before you bond might be the best thing in the long run. I agree that I would have been itching to try them together, however with Maple not feeling 100% it would not have been an accurate test with them both. If it proved problematic, you would never have been able to know for sure whether it was a basic problem between them or the fact that Maple was feeling rubbish.

I know you’re right Omi & I think it’s for the best too. its just a shame and bad timing. Just trying to make the best decisions with rabbits is hard sometimes isn’t it & I very nearly made the wrong one

Sending millions of vibes for Maple. She's in the very bestest of care with you Loobers and I'm sure the vet will be able to get Maple all better again. I know it's very much a rollercoaster for you at the moment. So huge hugs to you and hope things settle down soon.
Bodmin sounds the charmer and debonaire bunny who is going to have such the life with you and Maple.
Nose rubs and vibes for Maple xx

Thanks Craig and Gracie. I’m still missing my boy & haven’t collected his ashes yet. I just don’t feel like I can cope picking his ashes up yet so he’s still there. It’s not like me as I usually want them home asap. This time I feel like I can’t the thought of him being in a box of ashes. Maybe it’s because of my hormones but I feel quite over whelmed in life in general at the moment

Back