• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want house bunnies

The best thing about having house bunnies is (from last night) watching a tense film when all of a sudden Susan hoves into view and does a series of binkies - really rather ruining the moment but made me laugh so much.
From yesterday, Rups coming thundering into the kitchen and skidding to a holt next to my slippers because he has heard us bringing in the shopping. Also sitting on the floor trying to mend a childs chair and Rups sitting on the sofa behind you peeping over your shoulder to supervise.

Its the best thing. You get to see all their behaviours and you become part of their bunny warren.

We have a small house, but the buns are free range, with a couple of rooms out of bounds to keep them safe! (Bathroom and Kitchen)I dont know if we are just super lucky, or because they have so much space, but they haven't been very destructive. Archie only chews things that he deems are in his way. E.g skirting

Most important things to be aware of

Things will get chewed
Cables must always be protected
You will find hay everywhere (even in your dinner)
Errant wees and poops are likely
They can fit in surprisingly small spaces

At lastly you will start to sing weird bunny songs at them and spend way too much time just watching them.

Perhaps try it for a month and see how it goes. I love how they get rambunctious when I try to have a lie in. Or do binkies when I get home.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Yep :lol:

I could lay down and zone out listening to buns eating hay [emoji38] it's the best, I used to lay down near Clementines hay and she'd just sit there eating [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That sounds lovely. :love: Another reason Sophie and Casper should eat more hay. :lol:

I think the hay eating is relaxing because it's such a reassuring sound. If they're eating it then they're not sick!
Yes, that's definitely part of it!

The best thing about having house bunnies is (from last night) watching a tense film when all of a sudden Susan hoves into view and does a series of binkies - really rather ruining the moment but made me laugh so much.
From yesterday, Rups coming thundering into the kitchen and skidding to a holt next to my slippers because he has heard us bringing in the shopping. Also sitting on the floor trying to mend a childs chair and Rups sitting on the sofa behind you peeping over your shoulder to supervise.
:love::love:

We had Lopsy inside when he was ill before it was warm enough to put him back outside, and it wasn't much different to him being outside because he was two floors up in the attic and we didn't really have any more time to interact with him much, poor thing. Once thing I did notice was noise: if he was noisy I was suspicious and if he was quiet I was suspicious :lol: He escaped once (by climbing the side of the run) and I'm still finding the odd poop up there :lol: He spent all day sat on the hay bag eating hay and was DESPERATE for a drink when we came home from work! Couldn't work out how to get back in (not THAT bright ;P). First time we'd picked him up without resistance!

I'd love and hate having house bunnies: loads of company but also I'd never get anything done! XD So it's fine if you're not a busy person who's got at least half a dozen things on the go at once, but if you're like me and always up to something then you might need to, uhm, cut down a bit :lol:

I absolutely live having house buns.

However I am resigned to the fact my house is often hay covered with stray poops in strange places.

And there are nibbles in many many places. I do dread to think if we ever need to find a buyer for the house whether it may be a big problem.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23]

I was amazed the other day to find a scattering of poo along my front door entrance.

Our ocado delivery driver looked down and just rolled his eyes and said house bunnies?

At that exact point Rodney decided to start thumping up a storm [emoji1787]

[emoji23][emoji23]

I was amazed the other day to find a scattering of poo along my front door entrance.

Our ocado delivery driver looked down and just rolled his eyes and said house bunnies?

At that exact point Rodney decided to start thumping up a storm [emoji1787]

:lol:

I got shabby bunnies, I think I lost [emoji38]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] shabby bunnies. I found a stray poop under the stairs cupboard. No idea how it got on there, because they've never been in there. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I have 2 pairs outside and 1 pair indoors. The outdoor ones really play on my mind in cold, damp or hot weather. So much less stress to have inddor rabbits ime.

Loganberry and Moondust are in part of the spare room and will shortly be moving into my bedroom.

I see a lot more of them than I do of the out door rabbits. I hope to get an outdoor run set up for the summer and warm weather.

House bunnies are amazing. They’re a pain in the bum when you want to put things in/out of the dishwasher but they insist on sleeping in front of it and a pain in the hand when you electrocute yourself as you pull an unknowingly chewed cable towards you to find out why something isn’t working! Their antics are hilarious (unless they scare the **** out of you by loudly flinging the baby gate open and hurtling across the room whilst you’re watching a scary bit of Dracula). Bunny snores and chomping ate just the sweetest sounds.
In snowy weather you can all stay snug and warm indoors instead of going flying in the snow when you slip off the garden step at 7am in the morning and lie there in the dark catching your breath and hoping that next doors CCTV didn’t catch your fall. Wasn’t the best way to start the day yesterday!

House bunnies are amazing. They’re a pain in the bum when you want to put things in/out of the dishwasher but they insist on sleeping in front of it and a pain in the hand when you electrocute yourself as you pull an unknowingly chewed cable towards you to find out why something isn’t working! Their antics are hilarious (unless they scare the **** out of you by loudly flinging the baby gate open and hurtling across the room whilst you’re watching a scary bit of Dracula). Bunny snores and chomping ate just the sweetest sounds.
In snowy weather you can all stay snug and warm indoors instead of going flying in the snow when you slip off the garden step at 7am in the morning and lie there in the dark catching your breath and hoping that next doors CCTV didn’t catch your fall. Wasn’t the best way to start the day yesterday!
Oh, no! I hope you didn't get hurt!

:lol: :lol:

I have never heard bunny snores! what are they like???

:lol: :lol:

I have never heard bunny snores! what are they like???

awesome :love:

I did once get grumpy I could here F in law snoring from the room below til I realised it was Mousey snoring under the bed & the noise all of a sudden went from irritating to cute :lol:

Blossom also snores, it's rather cute!

Mostly when she's resting deep into her dewlap. It's like a snuffly purr.

Back