• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Growing changes or my imagination

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
I'm posting here as I thought it relates closest to this topic, but sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I've now had Athie for about a month and he's been getting bigger, after 2weeks I noticed he had the heart type pattern on his face. This weekend he still had it,
250959b0251c443e44137e46ceca3792.jpg
0b49b4fa7d001d81b6dce4e5af1acead.jpg

but just realised it's gone! And since this afternoon his ears have developed this erm odd flop at the edges [emoji15]

Also, looking at him now he looks different, less dainty [emoji848][emoji15] is it because my mind is accepting he's a boy and making him look less dainty or has he just grown up some this afternoon?!

Is the ear edge flopping normal? [emoji15]
e3a0d342acec26a5a76fa7752b47bae3.jpg
a5adc1e97260eb97db1437708a6aeafd.jpg
5fb8e7c5a90921c8edbc39de7d9cb245.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I can't see the "heart shaped pattern" in the photographs, but it may have been caused by moult lines. Sorry I don't know why his ears have gone like that.

Richard

I can't see the "heart shaped pattern" in the photographs, but it may have been caused by moult lines. Sorry I don't know why his ears have gone like that.

Richard
Molt lines? I didn't know they get molt lines [emoji15] his face does feel more fluffy now so that might be it thanks :D

Molt lines? I didn't know they get molt lines [emoji15] his face does feel more fluffy now so that might be it thanks :D

Yes, they get some spectacular moult lines sometimes. Often looks like they have spectacles :lol:

I can just make out the shape in the first photo, so I'm guessing moult lines, as to the ears really not sure. He is a stunning looking bunny though, very photogenic :love:

Yes, they get some spectacular moult lines sometimes. Often looks like they have spectacles [emoji38]
Hahaha Zeus never had any so haven't seen it [emoji15] but hoping Athie gets spectacles [emoji1787]

I can just make out the shape in the first photo, so I'm guessing moult lines, as to the ears really not sure. He is a stunning looking bunny though, very photogenic :love:
Yea realising the first pics weren't that obvious, maybe these shows it better :)
Thank you :D he's good at striking a pose when he's established I don't bring treats [emoji1787]
d925f0353e180d38768685d69cf3cb39.jpg
5c41b2b1ac3753d38284261f0048f7ed.jpg

Oh wow these are stunning! [emoji33] Zeus was just one big ball of fluff loosing fluff and looking generally fluffy [emoji1787][emoji1787]

agoutis do the best moult lines. He is a really handsome little man :love:
Thank you :D starting to realise I must prepare for some moult lines with him [emoji16]
Now just to figure out what's up with his ears [emoji1787] he looks like a puppy [emoji1787][emoji1787]

My imagination then [emoji1787][emoji1787] I was worried he'd had a growth spurt this afternoon without me noticing [emoji15][emoji1787]

Such a sudden growth spurt would be quite unusual, I think, but maybe... :lol: Maybe he really does look less dainty to you because you're looking at him differently now that you know he's a boy, though! I just read about this thing a few days ago where people would describe a baby in boy clothes as strong and handsome, whereas they'd describe the exact same baby as pretty and shy if the baby was wearing girl clothes. So, I think our thoughts can influence what we see!

I was looking at the photos of his ears again and he looks like he's wilting, but he's a bunny, not a plant, so... :lol:

Such a sudden growth spurt would be quite unusual, I think, but maybe... [emoji38] Maybe he really does look less dainty to you because you're looking at him differently now that you know he's a boy, though! I just read about this thing a few days ago where people would describe a baby in boy clothes as strong and handsome, whereas they'd describe the exact same baby as pretty and shy if the baby was wearing girl clothes. So, I think our thoughts can influence what we see!

I was looking at the photos of his ears again and he looks like he's wilting, but he's a bunny, not a plant, so... [emoji38]
HAHAHAHAHA wilting [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] you made me almost spit my coffee over my keyboard with laughing out loud at that [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I promise he's been watered [emoji51] maybe he's wilting from being sulky because of his vet visit [emoji848] he's still wilting today [emoji1787] but have mostly forgiven me and even laid next to me on the couch earlier :D

Hmmm think you're right, I know our brains can influence how we perceive things, so probably is because my brain has accepted he's a boy therefore he looks less dainty and less fragile. He still has the prettiest eyelashes though [emoji7]

I'm glad he's been watered. That's reassuring to hear. :lol: It could be because he's sulking from his vet visit, yes! Maybe he was sad and thought Eeyore ears would be appropriate, but they got stuck...

I'm glad he's mostly forgiven you, though, and laid next to you on the couch! That's progress! :D

Aww, bunnies can have very pretty eyelashes! :love: I used to have a bunny with really pretty eyelashes, too. He was pretty dainty as well! But the daintiest bunny I've ever known was a boy with the tiniest paws.

I'm glad he's been watered. That's reassuring to hear. [emoji38] It could be because he's sulking from his vet visit, yes! Maybe he was sad and thought Eeyore ears would be appropriate, but they got stuck...

I'm glad he's mostly forgiven you, though, and laid next to you on the couch! That's progress! :D

Aww, bunnies can have very pretty eyelashes! :love: I used to have a bunny with really pretty eyelashes, too. He was pretty dainty as well! But the daintiest bunny I've ever known was a boy with the tiniest paws.
He holds one hell of a grudge! [emoji1787] he'll come to me if I have treats but have thumped at me a few times when I've tried to pet him [emoji15] he's still wilting though hahaha
I spoke to my vet and she says she's not seen that before but not to worry unless he scratches at his ears a lot or stops eating/pooping etc, so I'm a proud owner of a wilting bunny [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Awww he sounds like a cutie :D one day I wanna own a hotot, they look soooo cute [emoji7]

Back