• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad bunny

mikek

Warren Veteran
:(
the only carpet I have :evil:

9cMBQG1.jpg

:(
the only carpet I have :evil:

9cMBQG1.jpg
dear mikek,--no,no,bad bun--this is known as collateral damage.--rabbits,are consummate chewers and scratchers-in the wild rabbits chew on wood,and dig in dirt,etc to keep their teeth at bay and nails trimmed down,--try a cardboard box,newspaper,twigs,branches,etc.--sorry about the carpet,good to hear from you.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Oh dear :cry: I’ve never trusted a rabbit with a carpet to be honest, this is how I imagine the results would be every time!

Oh dear, bad girlie. I hope her tummy's OK too. That's quite a lot to have eaten :shock:

don't say that. We've been saving for ages for a carpet for J&B's room

Ours have always generally been ok with carpet although Snowy loved digging the corners so we just put small tiles in every corner so she couldn't.
Although Phillip pulled up a 2p size patch in our brand new carpet last month which my husband still hasn't noticed as I patched it with a free sample of the same carpet :lol: :lol:

I think you need to remove the grip rod thingys too, we can't have princess injuring her paws when she NEEDs to be moving on to her next renovation project

Ours have always generally been ok with carpet although Snowy loved digging the corners so we just put small tiles in every corner so she couldn't.
Although Phillip pulled up a 2p size patch in our brand new carpet last month which my husband still hasn't noticed as I patched it with a free sample of the same carpet :lol: :lol:

LOL :lol:

I think you need to remove the grip rod thingys too, we can't have princess injuring her paws when she NEEDs to be moving on to her next renovation project

she's been moved outside!
been meaning to reattempt the bonding with Pepper for ages so I spent today partitioning his shed & put her in there a couple of hrs ago. kind of a forced bonding - although they can't get at each other atm. i'm not confident of a successful bond though.

dear mikek,--no,no,bad bun--this is known as collateral damage.--rabbits,are consummate chewers and scratchers-in the wild rabbits chew on wood,and dig in dirt,etc to:lol: teeth at bay and nails trimmed down,--try a cardboard box,newspaper,twigs,branches,etc.--sorry about the carpet,good to hear from you.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

:D my fault really. my daughter did warn me, & yes, rabbits will be rabbits

don't say that. We've been saving for ages for a carpet for J&B's room
I hate to add to the chorus but I'd be surprised if they didn't rip it up a bit. Or at least try to.

I swear I'm not on commission from them, but I have to mention once again the stoense rugs from IKEA. Very much like carpet and very soft. I got two for £35 each. Each one is 195cm x 133cm. Amazing quality for the price and I've had so many compliments on them. Can also get them in smaller sizes and in different colours. Fudgie and Snoops have tried given them a battering and they're holding up pretty well against the onslaught.

I just thought I'd mention it as an alternative. I imagine it might be pretty annoying to spend a lot of money on some lovely carpeting only to have it ripped up within a week. If the bunnies really go to town, the rugs would be a lot easier and cheaper to replace.

Oh and top tip! If you do get them, don't do what I did and try and lug two of them home on the bus by yourself in the rain. Well, it was actually three buses...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I hate to add to the chorus but I'd be surprised if they didn't rip it up a bit. Or at least try to.

I swear I'm not on commission from them, but I have to mention once again the stoense rugs from IKEA. Very much like carpet and very soft. I got two for £35 each. Each one is 195cm x 133cm. Amazing quality for the price and I've had so many compliments on them. Can also get them in smaller sizes and in different colours. Fudgie and Snoops have tried given them a battering and they're holding up pretty well against the onslaught.

I just thought I'd mention it as an alternative. I imagine it might be pretty annoying to spend a lot of money on some lovely carpeting only to have it ripped up within a week. If the bunnies really go to town, the rugs would be a lot easier and cheaper to replace.

Oh and top tip! If you do get them, don't do what I did and try and lug two of them home on the bus by yourself in the rain. Well, it was actually three buses...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

We're on bare floorboards so we need carpet. I was all for getting that grass patterned Lino but OH is insistent on bedroom carpet. If Rudey continues to make progress with piddling in the tray I might look at one for lounge. At last rented house Joey Boo & Mouse were on carpet & it survived save for one tiny corner. That said Joey & Boo are a bit ferral these days

I dunno which one I got my Mum ages ago, but it's an IKEA rug and she loves it. I'm very much taken by IKEA rugs, I have to say :D Very good value as well!

While we're renovating the house, I have DECISIONS to make: do I carpet the office/spare bedroom? That's the bunny room should they ever need to be housed indoors (guests would by then be required to use the attic, which is our 3rd bedroom, soon to be second gaming room). I'm not so fussed what everywhere else is, even if they're freerange while we're home, but I'm not sure if I should go back to floorboards and rugs (I'd love to do this in our bedroom but we don't have floorboards :'( Just big, slightly warped ply sheets) or get the same sort of hardwearing carpet I want for the attic, this sort of thing: https://www.carpetright.co.uk/carpets/auckland-berber-loop-pile-plain-carpet.

Mike, at least she's done a proper consistent job, can;t say she isn't a good anti-carpeter, right?! ;P

My bridge pair were destructa bunnies,funnily enough carpets were never on the menu.Most of the rest of the house was mind,especially the wallpaper.:lol:

Back