Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you ever end the cycle of rabbiting?

Default Will you ever end the cycle of rabbiting?

Me and OH was having this discussion. Will there ever be a point in your life when you stop owning bunnies? I don't want to be stressed for the rest of my life but I can't see my life without them!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Me and OH was having this discussion. Will there ever be a point in your life when you stop owning bunnies? I don't want to be stressed for the rest of my life but I can't see my life without them

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    It's so tricky, I keep thinking maybe I won't have any more after my lot, but then I see buns in the adoption centre and I'm like ahhh I wanna take you home!

Realistically no, I don't think I wanna have buns anymore, but also.. I don't know if I can resist them.. And I cannot imagine my life without them, but then maybe it won't be so bad if I have a dog to focus on..

I just love rabbits, but they majorly stress me out, because I care about them so so deeply

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Forum Buddy

Nope, but then I don't find them stressful like other people seem to
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I expect so. It gets harder as you get older, for instance cleaning out Playhouses is not easy anymore as my knees don't like kneeling now, can't lift anything too heavy, scared of having a fall. So, yes, a time is coming when I probably won't have any bunnies but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Nope, but then I don't find them stressful like other people seem to
    Yea I think without the stress it'd be fine, my white two are pretty easy.. Had one stasis episode and a few issues with one after she was spayed.. But (touch wood ) it's been fine.

It's my rexes, they have so many medical issues and I feel like with Clementine especially she's always on the brink of being like yea no, bye. Which stresses me out, Atticus has loads of issues but seems to deal and be okay with appropriate care.. I can't work out what's going to happen to Clementine next though, at this point anything could happen and my response would probably be "yea, figures." she seems genetically doomed and I often wonder if saving her when she was 14 weeks was the right decision.

Having said all that, wouldn't change her for the world, and she is my everything, it's just a lot, with everything else aswell

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I hate to think of my home without my two, but worry that the life style I have given them isnt enough. I am sure Dilly would be happier if he could come to work with me and I am sure Susan would be happier if I disappeared off the face of the earth and left her alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    I am sure Susan would be happier if I disappeared off the face of the earth and left her alone!
    That made me laugh! And for what it's worth I think your two have an absolutely wonderful life with you

I often wonder about this question. My husband wants to get a dog instead of any more rabbits when our two are no longer here, and whilst I would absolutely love a dog...I just can't imagine not having rabbits as I love them so much!

I can’t imagine not having a bunny to smuffle my face into (much to their disgust of course). I love all their little personalities and funny ways, each new bun is so different to the last. Just watching them doing bunny things though, whether that’s eating, grooming, snoozing or even binkying is what makes me happy. The snuggles are just a bonus if they’ll tolerate them. Yep, bunnies are here to stay.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bunnies forever

Yes and no. I’ll always have them, I would love just a pair to enjoy. I have eight special needs buns of my own and several fosters, and whilst I love them to pieces and they are all happy as happy can be, I do miss the days of them not being a huge mission But then I think it’s selfish of me to just have two when I can provide a lovely life for lots as I do now