• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding troubles

Hi I'm new here looking for advice on my buns. We took in some rabbits from my husbands work friend that was moving and couldn't take them with him. We have mittens a black buck and snowbelle a white and grey doe. They arrived in 2 separate hutches, one was the indoor cage the other an outdoor cage, our friend maintains they always played together happily with no problems, we immediately put them together but they were showing signs of dominance by humping each other but it turned into the doe sweaking running around the room in a panic trying to get away from him. I thought it was just due to the move but We have tried and tried to bond them but the doe seems petrified, constantly sweaking loudly, running frantically away from him and wont let him come near her at all. The buck seems so lonely n upset he looks miserable but she seems happy to be alone.
It's been 2 weeks now and I dont know what to do, both are neutered, I'm upset they were separated for the move as now I cant seem to bond them again.
Funnily enough they both love our 2 small dogs, they also love them back but they dont like each other it's so sad to see :( snowbelle never squeaks or runs away from the dogs, she actually follows them around and lays with them but squeaks instantly and hides if she can even see Mittens.
Is there anything we can do?

Last edited:
Back