• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

Kdkennedy

New Kit
I rescued a lionhead female from a family last July. A couple weeks later she gave birth.( did not know she was pregnant) She had 9 healthy babies. I have the mother and three babies. (One girl and two boys) She was spayed after she was done nursing the babies. Two boys who were neutered. They all got along before the boys got neutered. After we neutered one boy the others outcasted him and they all would fight with him (mainly him and the mother) We recently got the other male neutered and he is separated from the girls. I tried to see if the boys would now get along but they still do not. And I have been trying to bring the mother and the first male we neutered out together and it goes okay but if one moves too fast they start fighting, fur get pulled out and I have to separate them. Is there anything I can do? We kept this boy because he was one of our favorites. The mother of course we love her and would love to keep her. The other boy we thought was a female but we are thinking of adopting him out if he doesnt get along with them after we can reintroduce him. The other female is for our housemate when she moves out soon. The femles get along even though the baby female is not spayed yet. I felt like neutering ruined their relationships. Is this normal?? What can I do? Do I ultimately have to adopt the others out and just keep the mother?

Sorry,no experience or advice but I'm sure somebody has, so bumping it up for you. Hope you get sorted :)

Neutering alters them in such a way they sometimes fall out. The only way to find out if they will live together is by bonding them in a neutral space. The Mum and the female (her Daughter?) will still be ok as Mums and Ds can live together harmoniously. They might fall out if the Daughter wants to become dominant when she is older. Once spayed you might have to re-bond Mum and D.

Back