• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Vibes for Henry please -New 6th FebU/D after vet

Snowy’s claw fell right out the other day and she was quiet because of it. There was no blood but I found the whole claw under the tv cabinet!

Hoping it’s something minor like that and the vet can give you some positive answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have just got back from the vet. Ok, the vet was very thorough and moved his left front leg thoroughly as well as testing the bend at his paw joint. She noticed some resistance and said that he was tender. The leg had movement and didn't present as having any break. She felt the bones and they felt ok. We put him on the ground and he went off with a definate lame hop and she said he was tip toeing definately. He has also lost .3k as his last weigh just before xmas he was 2.3kg and today he was 2kg.
So, the vet diagnosed soft tissue damage - or possible sprain.
We've got matacalm for pain management for Henry and he's confined to the kitchen diner/living room area so no stairs zoomies.
Our rabbbit sitter didn't notice this at the weekend and Henry presented as his usual self - so this appears to be a recent injury within the last 24/48 hours.
Henry is definately not himself and is very subdued - which to most reading this is a statement of the obvious. But I cant help feeling really bad within myself because I didn't identify this problem with Henry - my O/H did this morning.
The fact that Henry can weight bear on his paw I would hope is a positive - I'd welcome anyone putting my mind at rest about that.
I am extremely relieved that the vet didn't say there was a noticable break - because that would have finished me off with my stress levels. I generally go to pieces when any of my rabbits are not well because I then feel as though I've failed in my role of looking after them - which is how I feel now about Henry. I want him to be well, to feel like he can zoom round the world, and I wish I could take the discomfort he must be in and make him feel better. Saying that, as I type this, the little chap has come out from under the table and has hopped next to the settee - closely followed by the monster that is Lillian - who thunders round the floor. And now the pair of them have scampered off back to the security of the table. Henry is staring into the wall and Lillian is looking for food.
I am worried because it's an injury I can't see and therefore there is always the unknown. The vet is happy for us to take Henry back in a week or so if there's no improvement.
His weight loss - whilst apparently minor, is nonetheless a concern for me and I'll have to watch that.
I feel down about it even though the positive is that there seems to be no break. Un unexplained injury is a worry because I don't know how it was caused. I hope that it will heal quickly - the vet did suggest a week, maybe two and soft tissue damage should be healed.
Thank you to everyone for all your vibes today. It really has helped Henry. You are such wonderful warm and caring people.
Craig x

He's in the best of hands.
Good news it doesn't appear to be a break. Could it be a splinter in his paw?

Eating & drinking, pooping & weeing OK?

Have just got back from the vet. Ok, the vet was very thorough and moved his left front leg thoroughly as well as testing the bend at his paw joint. She noticed some resistance and said that he was tender. The leg had movement and didn't present as having any break. She felt the bones and they felt ok. We put him on the ground and he went off with a definate lame hop and she said he was tip toeing definately. He has also lost .3k as his last weigh just before xmas he was 2.3kg and today he was 2kg.
We've got matacalm for pain management for Henry and he's confined to the kitchen diner/living room area so no stairs zoomies.
Our rabbbit sitter didn't notice this at the weekend and Henry presented as his usual self - so this appears to be a recent injury within the last 24/48 hours.
Henry is definately not himself and is very subdued - which to most reading this is a statement of the obvious. But I cant help feeling really bad within myself because I didn't identify this problem with Henry - my O/H did this morning.
The fact that Henry can weight bear on his paw I would hope is a positive - I'd welcome anyone putting my mind at rest about that.
I am extremely relieved that the vet didn't say there was a noticable break - because that would have finished me off with my stress levels. I generally go to pieces when any of my rabbits are not well because I then feel as though I've failed in my role of looking after them - which is how I feel now about Henry. I want him to be well, to feel like he can zoom round the world, and I wish I could take the discomfort he must be in and make him feel better. Saying that, as I type this, the little chap has come out from under the table and has hopped next to the settee - closely followed by the monster that is Lillian - who thunders round the floor. And now the pair of them have scampered off back to the security of the table. Henry is staring into the wall and Lillian is looking for food.
I am worried because it's an injury I can't see and therefore there is always the unknown. The vet is happy for us to take Henry back in a week or so if there's no improvement.
His weight loss - whilst apparently minor, is nonetheless a concern for me and I'll have to watch that.
I feel down about it even though the positive is that there seems to be no break. Un unexplained injury is a worry because I don't know how it was caused. I hope that it will heal quickly - the vet did suggest a week, maybe two and soft tissue damage should be healed.
Thank you to everyone for all your vibes today. It really has helped Henry. You are such wonderful warm and caring people.
Craig x

Oh phew, so glad everything looks positive from the vets, topping up the vibes.

Craig x

Hi Craig

If it helps any, my very first rabbit got his front paw accidentally trapped in a closing door (he was a terror for following people about). He held it up and was lame for a few days, but then everything was normal and he would hop, skip and jump as he always did.

A few days of 'rest' (such as you and he can manage!) and the Metacam should work wonders :)

He's in the best of hands.
Good news it doesn't appear to be a break. Could it be a splinter in his paw?

Eating & drinking, pooping & weeing OK?

Thanks Mikek. I can't tell re the poops and wees. Both bunnnies use the same area as their toilet so impossible to say. Henry is eating and interested in food, happy to take treats. He just can't get near the dried food (which would be weight gaining) because of the floof monster. Will monitor things. Thank you again.

I'm relieved that the vet doesn't think it's a break. A soft tissue injury can be very painful and also take a while to heal completely. I hope he feels more comfortable with his medication and sending him lots of vibes to feel better soon.

Hi Craig

If it helps any, my very first rabbit got his front paw accidentally trapped in a closing door (he was a terror for following people about). He held it up and was lame for a few days, but then everything was normal and he would hop, skip and jump as he always did.

A few days of 'rest' (such as you and he can manage!) and the Metacam should work wonders :)

You have absolutley no idea how huch that helps MM. No idea. I'm tearing my hear out here with personal worry about Henry and looking for some glimmer of hope - and you've just given it right to me. Thank you ever so much MM. Hopefully by the weekend we'll see Henry more like his nethie self. Thank you again. :)

Hi Craig

You have absolutley no idea how huch that helps MM. No idea. I'm tearing my hear out here with personal worry about Henry and looking for some glimmer of hope - and you've just given it right to me. Thank you ever so much MM. Hopefully by the weekend we'll see Henry more like his nethie self. Thank you again. :)

Poppy also had a limp this year, front paw, after a vets visit. She is very difficult to catch & I was convinced I had injured her. She was OK pretty quick, most likely it was the next day as i would've taken her to the vet otherwise.
It was a massively bad limp though, more like a slight but definite limp.

Just caught your thread about Henry, glad the vet doesn't think it's a break, sending a million vibes that it heals up quickly, poor little chap xxx

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery. I’m glad the vet didn’t find a break and hopfully Henry will be zooming and binkying around the house in no time

Craig, I'm really sorry about Henry. I'm sending him all the love and healing feetsie vibes in the world. Please don't worry and please don't blame yourself. Bunnies hide things too well I'm afraid :( my suspicion Is that Henry hurt his feetsie when he was at the vets that day and that's why he was off. The greatest thing Henry has Is you as your a wonderful bunny dad. Please don't be hard on yourself, I believe Henry will be fine in no time. I am probably the biggest worrier on RU and I'm not worried. I'm feeling really postitive about Henry

Get your grooms out Lillian, Henry needs some TLC. Maybe you could all sploof under the dinning table and eat some cranberries together. Take your mind of things for a while!

Hugs and love Craig xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

You have definitely not failed him, he’s probably just twisted himself or caught a toe in something. I’m sure he will be back to his usual self soon.

You are more than welcome.
We do beat ourselves up over things that are largely out of our hands.

I hope you can get some worry-free sleep tonight :)

Thank you all - again, for such amazing support. 'Hillian' are under the table at the moment. Lillian came in first - but was restless and even a bowl of breakfast pellets wasn't what she wanted. Henry had made his way through the cardboard tunnels in the kitchen diner and the moment he poked his headout, Lillian sat by the door waiting. Henry came into the living room and gently hoped his way down to the settee, with the floof monster now highly excited and thundering behind him. Henry really is Lillians rock and she relies so much on his presence. I'll keep updating you all with developments and thank you to everybun again. Very very much appreciated.
Craig x

I echo what others had said :) you're doing all you can for him. he's got the best bun dad in the world who clearly cares about him very much. you've gone to the vet and you're now doing the right course of action which will hopefully help him. its not like you're just leaving him to get one with it.

sending all the good healing vibes xx

he may have just landed awkwardly and injured his paw, perhaps a muscle didn't agree with him! I think its just one of those things that happens and not a lot can be done to prevent it. the cat does it a lot, so we make him have a day of rest and the next he's ok again. a bit different to a bunny i know.

Just read through the whole thread.

So pleased to see there is no break. The Metacam is anti-inflammatory as well as pain-killer so hopefully he'll be back to his usual self soon.

Sending tons of vibes for a speedy recovery for Henry.

Back