• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

I'm sorry to hear of Dillons ongoing problems. I really hope the results come back positive for him and the meds start working. Loads and loads of vibes for Dillon and hugs for you. xx

Has Dilly been any better with the increased pain relief? Sending lots of normal eating vibes for the weekend :love:

Has Dilly been any better with the increased pain relief? Sending lots of normal eating vibes for the weekend :love:

Omi, yes! yee haw! he came legging it into the kitchen for his quarter toast and tomato today. I burst into tears I was so happy.

He still hates me for doing his meds and the scald still is damp and smelly but hopefully if he is eating he will be stronger.

Thank you all for your vibes

Omi, yes! yee haw! he came legging it into the kitchen for his quarter toast and tomato today. I burst into tears I was so happy.

He still hates me for doing his meds and the scald still is damp and smelly but hopefully if he is eating he will be stronger.

Fight on Dilly :)

Good boy :love: Play your cards right today, Dilly, and you might get another swede to take to bed :)

Nasty photo alert,

Dillon's skin is looking less red and inflamed. His fur is still dirty and we are gently cleaning him - it takes two of us one to nose rub (OH) and me to gently clean him before applying the cream. He has his painkillers 20 minutes before to minimise the hurt.

IMG-20190303-WA0000 by mark andra, on Flickr

IMG_20190302_215900_1 by mark andra, on Flickr

I think Susan knows he is hurting and lies as near to him as she can. He flops down at the side of her (chicken wire between them) and she licks his nose. He then tugs her fur from through the wire and she lies there for a while like she doesnt mind - it can not be comfy for her.

IMG_20190302_211501 by mark andra, on Flickr

Poor Dilly - that does look painful but you and your O/Hare doing such a terrific job. I do believe rabbits do pick up and sense when their fellow buns are not feeling well - they seem to have this empathetic spirit and sense. So it's no surprise Susan is feeling as though she wants to be near Dilly and that will give him a huge emotional and spiritual boost knowing she is there supporting him from a bunny perspective.
So he's eating a quarter of toast and tomatoe. Coor- he knows which side his bread is buttered doesn't he.
And Omi's response above - I'm still laughing at that.
Topping up vibes for Dilly. xx

Poor Dilly - that does look painful but you and your O/Hare doing such a terrific job. I do believe rabbits do pick up and sense when their fellow buns are not feeling well - they seem to have this empathetic spirit and sense. So it's no surprise Susan is feeling as though she wants to be near Dilly and that will give him a huge emotional and spiritual boost knowing she is there supporting him from a bunny perspective.
So he's eating a quarter of toast and tomatoe. Coor- he knows which side his bread is buttered doesn't he.
And Omi's response above - I'm still laughing at that.
Topping up vibes for Dilly. xx

I am hoping we have turned a corner with him. He is eating (not enough but okay) and the over grooming / fur pulling seems to be reduced with us brushing and cleaning him. As for the swede he can have anything he wants providing he will eat it :) I don't think I am going to live the Swede comment down :lol:

From the vets today, as Dilly is seeming to leak at night, he is to be admitted next week and have a sample from his bladder (under anaesthetic) with the sample going to the lab and his bladder flushed.

From the vets today, as Dilly is seeming to leak at night, he is to be admitted next week and have a sample from his bladder (under anaesthetic) with the sample going to the lab and his bladder flushed.

The thinking is bladder sludge/crystals?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but has he had an X Ray of his bladder?

Poor boy :( I hope that the diagnostics will establish what the issue is, so that it can be treated.

Back