• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

I’m sure she will come to like and then love you :love: Fern, the bunny who stamped and nipped at me in fear when I met her for the first time, now bumps me on the leg wanting nose rubs, and came to sit next to me, almost grooming me as I stroked her :love: she is still nervous at times (I saw a glimpse of the nervous look in her eye when I took a noisy plastic bag in to their room) she uses Frosty a lot as support, hopefully Dillon will be able to help her to get used to you too :love:

That is really reassuring, thank you I did three nose strokes tonight when cleaning her out. I did not want to stress her.

Leg ring - I have had my fingers round the leg ring. I can twist it around but can not fit my little finger up inside it. I was trying to be quick and it was the first time I had held her. Tomorrow I will try again.

That is really reassuring, thank you I did three nose strokes tonight when cleaning her out. I did not want to stress her.

Leg ring - I have had my fingers round the leg ring. I can twist it around but can not fit my little finger up inside it. I was trying to be quick and it was the first time I had held her. Tomorrow I will try again.

I missed this, it sounds like you are making great progress :love::thumb:

Fingers crossed for you all :love: I said Frosty and Fern were getting married too :love:

hee hee glad its not just me. I was so excited yesterday, today I am super sad as they will be away and I am scared one of them might end up hurt. Oh the roller coaster of bunny ownership.

Thank you all for your comments, the wedding day breakfast has been a small amount of pellets, a cherry tomato, a handful of kale and timothy hay. No! not for the hoomans lol

hee hee glad its not just me. I was so excited yesterday, today I am super sad as they will be away and I am scared one of them might end up hurt. Oh the roller coaster of bunny ownership.

I know they will be away but I’m sure that Amanda will not let either of them hurt each other. She will have done hundreds of bondings and knows what to look out for and what to expect, I’m sure of that.

Sending lots of vibes and hugs for today xx

No update from Amanda yet but we arrived to find that two newly bonded bunnies had not been picked up. So mine went in a cat cage opposite each other so that they could see each other. We had taken food and veg but not toys. Amanda provided each of them with three new toys each. (I hadnt taken anything as I thought everything had to be neutral).
They both had done really well in the car, we were nearly two hours due to roadworks and volume of traffic. Other than that I have nothing to tell :(

Peeping at Dillon
IMG_20190112_100834[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

He looks a bit fed up,
IMG_20190112_100816[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

As we waved goodbye
IMG_20190112_100922[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Aww Dillon looks so sad :( I hope that they can get on with the bonding today and that it goes well.

Back