Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Thank you, I am quite nervous. Dillion lives in the lounge and we have built a 6x8 foot pen next to him for the five days before they go to the bonders. I went into Home Bargain during my refs today and bought two storage boxes as litter trays, £3.49 compared to the small litter trays in P@H which were £6.
    Two of the sides are open so they will be able to see one another the short sides are wood, slated wood so not a clear view. I am going to leave the carry box thingy in there too so she can hide if she wants to.
    I have not put any toys in yet as they will all smell of Dilly. I was just going to make loo roll hay bundles and string sprouts on a string for her. She will have a water bottle as well as a bowl, Dilly just has a bowl.
    Have I missed anything do you think?

oh and I am so not keen on her name (sorry does that make me miserable) but love the names Harriet or Susan for her, what do you think?
    I think it's perfectly normal to be nervous and in my view it's not a bad feeling to have Tui wasn't given any choice with the water and was given a bowl like my other rabbits, but maybe if she has been used to a bottle. I can't think of anything that you have missed. Leaving the carry box in there is a good idea - we gave Tui a little cardboard box, which she used. As well as being interesting to observe her, it will also be interesting to see Dillon's reaction.

Why would disliking the name make you miserable Personally I like both the names Harriet and Susan. Harriet because I just like the name and Susan because that name has good connotations for me atm. I think either would suit her very well.

oh and I am so not keen on her name (sorry does that make me miserable) but love the names Harriet or Susan for her, what do you think?
    i've had 2 that i'm not too keen on their names, but would never change them
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    i've had 2 that i'm not too keen on their names, but would never change them
    I sort of think I shouldnt change her name either but.................. we will just have to see how it all goes.

I sort of think I shouldnt change her name either but.................. we will just have to see how it all goes.
    Maybe you could shorten it or change it slighty for Example Boodie.

I also like your new names too though. Wait till you get to know her I think

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

"Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

you'll get to be OK of Boudica maybe ????

i can't explain it, but the 'feeling' of a name changes when you meet someone with that name (?)

edit: sorry, i should stay out of it! it's entirely a personal decision.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

I'm really excited for you and will be keeping everything crossed here for a sucessful bond. Lillian sends her love and says if things don't work out she'll come and keep Dillan company. As for the name change - this is a personal choice for you - she will be your rabbit and you her keeper so really it is only up to you. For what my own opinion is - which doesn't make any difference, I'm a fan of keeping names because, well, that's what the rabbit is familiar with. They may or may not respond to it. I've not changed any names of rabbits I've had but have named one rabbit from a rescue (Ben) only because the rescue centre didn't have a name for him. So it's entirely up to you. I like Boudica though.

Exciting stuff. i've always changed my bunnies names - I don't reckon it matters. Let me know if you need a hand with bonding - not that I'm any good bonding ut y'know

I think that all sounds good Name is a personal choice, and more often than not the name would have been given to them by the rescue, not what they arrived with. Also, they don’t usually seem to respond to their names, I find of all of the rescue rabbits I’ve had, I’ve kept the name of 3 of them, as they suited them and I liked them, but Frosty and Fern were both given other names by the rescues, but they were a bit of a mouthful (Bruce Lee and Macadamia)

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Boo was called Pippa. Pippa. i've never seen a less Pippa looking rabbit in my life

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Boo was called Pippa. Pippa. i've never seen a less Pippa looking rabbit in my life
    it must be so hard to come up with names for everybun. I know BARC have themes to help. Macadamia did kind of suit Fern, she is definitely nuts

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx