• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what are some good medicine to help skin to heal

Jane, where's this Kerecis at local store? I can't find it in Canada. Shouldn't this be something available everywhere? have you try it?

Jason, I wouldn't go using stuff on a wound unless it's been OK'd by a vet. Seriously :)
(You don't have to go in, you can phone or email ...)

No, I have not tried it and as I said, please dont do so without first seeking professional advice.

It may be very difficult for your Rabbit's skin lesion to heal given that from what you have said there is no active blood supply to the area.

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protocols/Health-Concerns/Trauma/Page-02

https://www.unitypoint.org/livewell/article.aspx?id=2d59582b-3594-4e51-95d7-10d3f735bcc7

and

''About Kerecis

Kerecis develops regenerative technologies based on fish skin and Omega3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. The initial Kerecis product, Kerecis Omega3 Wound, has been approved by the FDA and European regulatory authorities for wound healing. The technology is patented in the United States and multiple other countries. The Kerecis wound-healing product has a Medicare “Q” code Q4158, allowing it to be easily identified and processed by Medicare and private insurance companies. Production takes place in the Kerecis manufacturing facilities in Iceland. For more information, visit
www.kerecis.com. Distributor inquiries are welcome.

Contact
Kay Paumier
Communications Plus
408-370-1243''

https://www.canadianinsider.com/rol...ntion-at-the-symposium-on-advanced-wound-care

well, there was some blood on Jan. 2. and it seems at that time, the wound looks deeper. But it's hard for me to check as the honey is now sealed that spot.

here's a photo of the wound on Jan. 2

https://imgur.com/a/3SN15

I'm going to watch it closely for 10 days. If it still doesn't heal, I'll call the vet. The wound that required stitching, is less than 1 cm below the wound that you guys are seeing , and that wound HEALED perfectly.

So there is no reason for this wound not to heal

well, there was some blood on Jan. 2. and it seems at that time, the wound looks deeper. But it's hard for me to check as the honey is now sealed that spot.

here's a photo of the wound on Jan. 2

https://imgur.com/a/3SN15

I'm going to watch it closely for 10 days. If it still doesn't heal, I'll call the vet. The wound that required stitching, is less than 1 cm below the wound that you guys are seeing , and that wound HEALED perfectly.

So there is no reason for this wound not to heal

If there are cancer cells in the tissue that would make full healing an issue. But as I keep saying, it really is only a Vet who can give you advice about how best to manage the condition. None of us on here these days are Veterinary qualified. Sadly the Vets who used to be frequent contributors are no longer able to do so.

alright, I'll show the photo to my vet. I just find it strange that knowing there is skin cancer, the deeper wound so close to this one was healed, but this tiny thin skin wound won't healed. Once again, thanks everyone

alright, I'll show the photo to my vet. I just find it strange that knowing there is skin cancer, the deeper wound so close to this one was healed, but this tiny thin skin wound won't healed. Once again, thanks everyone

That's OK, hopefully your Vet will be able to advise you about how best to proceed xx

You're welcome :)

Jason, there are all sorts of reasons why a wound won't heal. It's nothing you're doing or not doing, but to do with the nature of the wound itself.

I am so glad you will consult your vet about this. They can explain why this wound is behaving different to normal.

Back