• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a new companion for my Rabbit, should I get 1 or 2?

Vikkie14

New Kit
Hello,

My Rabbit, Jack, has just lost his companion, Lucy, and I am keen for him to have another one as soon as I can find the right one for him. However this is now the 3rd companion he has had so I was thinking of getting 2 new companions for him so in the unfortunate event he looses another one, he will not be alone again for a 4th time!

He is 5 years old and was with his 3rd wife for 3 years who was of a similar age. He gets on very well with most rabbits so I don't worry about that. I have had a lot of rabbits and plenty of experience bonding them so this is not an issue (although bonding him with Lucy was tricky but we got there, they were completely inseparable!). I am just wondering should I stick with just getting 1 or 2 companions for. I also would like to know, if I got 2 bunnies would it be okay to 2 get younger rabbits as finding older rabbits is proving quite difficult where I live. Ideally, I would be getting him another female to live with but if I went for a trio I was thinking of a boy and a girl.
Any help would be great, I don't want him to be alone for too long.

I have no advice but wish you luck. Maybe have a look round and see what "bunny/bunnies" grabs your heart. When I was getting Doughnut I wanted a black male rabbit and ended up with a female butterfly markings rabbit :)

There are usually lots of older rabbits in the Rescues - you could have a look on here (Rabbit Rehome). I personally would just get the one as your bunny might find he is being left out of a trio. Hope you find him a lovely friend.

Back