• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Twinkle [emoji92] has got the same thing as Ghibli

Well my opinion would be that her gut is doing it's job well with the material that it has been given to process. If the amount in the glass is the total output over a 24 hour period (and not just this morning), I would think that she needs to eat a bit more. From what you have said, it appears that she is continuing to improve and her food intake is continuing to increase, which is good.

If it were me I wouldn't continue with the meds. I don't think, with poo that looks so perfect, they are going to be necessary. I would reason that she doesn't still require gut meds, as her gut is working just fine and I can't see that she would still be experiencing any pain.

Well my opinion would be that her gut is doing it's job well with the material that it has been given to process. If the amount in the glass is the total output over a 24 hour period (and not just this morning), I would think that she needs to eat a bit more. From what you have said, it appears that she is continuing to improve and her food intake is continuing to increase, which is good.

If it were me I wouldn't continue with the meds. I don't think, with poo that looks so perfect, they are going to be necessary. I would reason that she doesn't still require gut meds, as her gut is working just fine and I can't see that she would still be experiencing any pain.
Thank you [emoji5] that's really helpful. She hates getting meds and I really hate giving them to her, so if she doesn't need them in all likelihood she's going to do better without them. She gets traumatised when I give them to her. I've kind of got it down so I can do it pretty quickly now without having to pick her up, but it still upsets her, and she then goes off and hides and I think it's damaging our relationship.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Apologies for any clearly insane behaviour! I am actually insane [and absolutely not ashamed of it], but the past few weeks have been a real test!

Trying to remain positive despite loosing Ghibli, a rabbit I loved more than a lot or people, has been a real test.

When I feel that it's not fair I remember that Ghibli loved Twinkle [emoji92], and that he was my friend, and that I also love her, and that she's also my friend so if not showing that sorrow in her presence is what it take to get her through this, then that's what he'd want me to do!

Twinkle [emoji92] is now [fingers crossed and touch wood] on the mend [emoji5] eating and jumping around, and in no small part that's due to the advice, wisdom, and experience of the people in this forum.

Thank you, everyone, and Ghibli I'm sure, would also thank you too [emoji813]️

3703c6f0b476ca1ba16d450f4a81272a.jpg

Thank you, I'll look into all of them [emoji5]

Thank you very much for info, and sorry it's taken me so long to get round to saying thanks. The last few days have felt really panicked and totally mental, but it looks like she's on the mend [emoji5] she had two massive bowls of veggies last night, and seems to have worked out that there's a moratorium on treat giving which she's now taking full advantage of [emoji5] she's now eating a very big breakfast and seems to be making up for not eating [emoji5]

I'm very pleased that Twinkle is so much better now :D She looks very content in the pic you posted yesterday evening :love:

I hope you also are starting to feel a bit more relaxed about her now. It is really stressful for most, if not all, of us when our rabbits are unwell and so we do understand how this feels.

I hope she continues to eat heartily :)

That's great that she seems to be improving :) x
She's definitely getting better, but I'm worried about her being alone. I'm also worried that she might not accept another rabbit.

I'm really hoping she will, but it was kind of a small miracle that she got on with Ghibli. She was rebound for not getting on with other rabbits, but maybe living with Ghibli's changed her.

He was such a loving rabbit, and I miss him so much [emoji22] but at the moment all my energy's going into not expressing that in front of her in case it sets her back.

She's a really special rabbit, and she deserves to be loved [emoji813]️

Last edited:
Back