• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered Male Suddenly Humping Spayed Female

:shock:

So my neutered male mini lop has suddenly started humping my lionheadxlop out of the blue. They're both neutered, have been bonded happily for about a year, and I've never seen him do this before. It's really quite regular (several times a day I have to push him off her!) and I'm not really sure what to do.

Is this something to worry about? Could it be adrenal tumours, hormone imbalance etc? Or just a behaviour thing? Any advice appreciated.

:shock:

So my neutered male mini lop has suddenly started humping my lionheadxlop out of the blue. They're both neutered, have been bonded happily for about a year, and I've never seen him do this before. It's really quite regular (several times a day I have to push him off her!) and I'm not really sure what to do.

Is this something to worry about? Could it be adrenal tumours, hormone imbalance etc? Or just a behaviour thing? Any advice appreciated.

It will probably settle down again in due course :)

It's probably 'Spring Fever', where the rabbits' hormones (even if they are neutered) run high and cause these sorts of behavioural issues

It will probably settle down again in due course :)

It's probably 'Spring Fever', where the rabbits' hormones (even if they are neutered) run high and cause these sorts of behavioural issues

I just googled this and it sounds about right! Our lionhead is like this all year round though haha, she's definitely the mad one of the two. Thanks for the help--for now I've bought a stuffed toy bunny as a, um...hopeful replacement :shock:

I just googled this and it sounds about right! Our lionhead is like this all year round though haha, she's definitely the mad one of the two. Thanks for the help--for now I've bought a stuffed toy bunny as a, um...hopeful replacement :shock:

Welcome :thumb:

Good luck with the stuffed bunny :D

Back