• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Internet saves rabbit's life - please read

So sorry to hear that your little lady didn't make it.

Thank you for the link though and also for the chance to see some photo's of a real live hare.

love and hugs coming from here.

Pendragon said:
Thanks everyone, especially Cheryl cos she knows what these silly gangly red long-leggedy beasties do to your heart...!

They sure do.....

I felt very sad when i lost my show doe, 'Ruby' a year ago. She was very intelligent & 'glam'.

Oh, I'm so sorry, that beautiful hare, she was just lovely. Why do these things happen? I sure don't know. You must be heartbroken. Big cyberhugs ((((((((( )))))))))
Anna

So sad you lost your beautiful Henna,
I checked back this morning after reading about her yesterday, so sorry you lost her. Thinking of you.

OMG I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, I'm thinking of you, big hugs heading your way. :cry:

Binky free Henna.....

Oh Sue, i guessed things were not going well last night, but it is still a shock to read that the beautiful Hanna has gone.
Iam deeply sorry and very sad to hear this news.....at least Henna was with someone who loved her at the end, and you were able to give her comfort and cuddles.

Big hug coming your way.

Love Adele and all the Sanctuary bunnies

Oh no, what terrible news!

You did everything you could for her, and at least she was with you being loved until the end :cry:

Oh no Sue, I can't believe this. I have just read all these posts and your link on your first post and I am so upset that this has happened. She was such a beautiful lady and I am so sorry. Thinking of you and hope all our thoughts help you throught this.

Love from

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. You must be devastated. Henna was such a regal beauty. I think we will all remember her fondly. Big hugs coming your way.

I am really sorry to hear about Henna, I have never seen a hare like her, she looked stunning, I can see why you fell in love with her. my heart goes out to you.

I read the information from the link that you gave regarding 'flopsy' and I would like to thank you. After 7 months of not knowing why my bun died all the symtoms were consistant with what my Mr Bo-Jangles had, but the vet was totally at a loss, and I lost him.

My thoughts are with you

So sorry!

I just joined this forum so I could respond to your post. Nine days ago I went outside to find one of my wild bunnies( I raised after my dogs rescued them from flood waters when the were just a few weeks old)laying on the ground not moving...eyes open ...nose twitching. I picked him up and he was cold...he could not move and he was like a rag doll. I wrapped him up and crawled in bed under the comforters with him. I just knew he would die. I grabbed my laptop and started searching...punching in his symptoms. Your post about your bunny and having found info via the internet was what I found! I got in the car and bought Vitaman E gel tabs. I kept him in bed with me feeding him with eye dropper and giving him E twice a day. After the third day he was lifting his head and sitting up. On the fourth day he walked with some effort. I put him in the nursery room next to mine and he had his own blankie. He got better and better and today I was able to return him to his run! You and your bunny were responsible for saving my little guys life. I am sorry to read that your baby did not make it but his story saved my baby and I wanted to thank you!
I have two Nederland Dwarfs and two wild bunnies and I love them all...also my wonderful golden retriever twins who rescue bunnies all the time! They were very concerned about my baby and laid beside us on the bed. Again thank you!:wave:Connie

sorry for your loss and you did what you could is it possible that ec was also to blame? or had your hare recently given birth someone on here recently had a bunny with some kind of post pregnancy toxic thing which came on suddenly also? i am sorry for you but hopefully this advice will help others with frs

Wow this ia an OLD OLD post :shock:

I will say however that Vit. E capsules have saved the life of one of our rescue bunnies and that was with the help of the same article listed on page 1. :)

I just joined this forum so I could respond to your post. Nine days ago I went outside to find one of my wild bunnies( I raised after my dogs rescued them from flood waters when the were just a few weeks old)laying on the ground not moving...eyes open ...nose twitching. I picked him up and he was cold...he could not move and he was like a rag doll. I wrapped him up and crawled in bed under the comforters with him. I just knew he would die. I grabbed my laptop and started searching...punching in his symptoms. Your post about your bunny and having found info via the internet was what I found! I got in the car and bought Vitaman E gel tabs. I kept him in bed with me feeding him with eye dropper and giving him E twice a day. After the third day he was lifting his head and sitting up. On the fourth day he walked with some effort. I put him in the nursery room next to mine and he had his own blankie. He got better and better and today I was able to return him to his run! You and your bunny were responsible for saving my little guys life. I am sorry to read that your baby did not make it but his story saved my baby and I wanted to thank you!
I have two Nederland Dwarfs and two wild bunnies and I love them all...also my wonderful golden retriever twins who rescue bunnies all the time! They were very concerned about my baby and laid beside us on the bed. Again thank you!:wave:Connie

Thats brilliant! Welcome to RU :wave:

Back