• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going out & leaving new pair?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all

So you may know already that we brought home a new friend for our doe Dottie yesterday afternoon.

They have been together constantly since we introduced them at the rescue and have had a peaceful night (they are in an enclosure in our bedroom). Unfortunately I have work today and the rest of the family have a prior engagement for a couple of hours.

I know that noone can really say for sure, but would it be madness to leave them together? Would separating now damage their developing bond?

Thank you x

I would leave them together. I risked it after a couple of days cos I had to walk the dogs twice a day for an hour each time. My four were fine.

Best of luck.

Hi all

So you may know already that we brought home a new friend for our doe Dottie yesterday afternoon.

They have been together constantly since we introduced them at the rescue and have had a peaceful night (they are in an enclosure in our bedroom). Unfortunately I have work today and the rest of the family have a prior engagement for a couple of hours.

I know that noone can really say for sure, but would it be madness to leave them together? Would separating now damage their developing bond?

Thank you x

Leave them together :wave:

They sound like they need to stay together now, and separating would only cause upset x

Tulsi and MM - that was my gut instinct response but wanted to see what the experts say :) Hope all goes well, TheThreeB's xx

Thank you.

They did leave them and everything seemed fine. Reassuring that you don't all think we were wrong to do so x

Thank you.

They did leave them and everything seemed fine. Reassuring that you don't all think we were wrong to do so x

I think it would've been sad to separate a happy and peaceful couple.
It sounds like the bond has gone extremely well and fast :love:

What are they up to this evening?

Hope they are still blissfully happy after their first night together? It's so lovely seeing new mates snuggled up together. I still just sit and look at Dennis and Bella, I'm still shocked it went so well.

I think it would've been sad to separate a happy and peaceful couple.
It sounds like the bond has gone extremely well and fast :love:

What are they up to this evening?

Sorry didn't see this yesterday. Just chilling out mainly although when I gave them some veggies, whenever Dottie had some, Ziggy saw it as an opportunity for humping :lol: x

Thanks all, yes it's still going well. I'm amazed actually as it was like this with Darwin and I didn't expect it to go this well again. I think Dottie was just desperate for a friend so is very accepting x

Back