• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a group (6)

Kosu

Warren Scout
This is what my week has been like and I thought you might like to have a look. Any thoughts or suggestions to help the bond feel free to let me know.

I'm day 6 into bonding a group of 6 together and we seem to be doing well. The group is 3 males and 3 females. All neutered. So far I have 3 perfect bunnies (1 male nethie and 2 female dwarf lops) who are the sweetest most relaxed rabbits and are helping buffer tensions between the final 3.

One male is a humper but that has faded massively as the days have gone on. Its now maybe twice a day. Humping is allowed but if he chases any of them he is stopped immediately. He should be calm down soon..

The final two (male and female) are the most work both are vying for top spot so humping usually ends in circling but stopped immediately before a fight starts. Yesterday there were no issues and today we had one case of circling that was stopped at the sound of my voice. I'm not leaving these two alone just yet. I'm hoping it won't be much longer until they figure it out.

They will all happily squish together, flop on their sides (feet in the air), eat together and groom each other. Including the problem 2. So all positive signs. Fingers crossed.

Yes they are doing really well.. no fights, no chasing, no injuries :). I have even managed to leave them for short periods.

Back