• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy weeing on carpet

maxi

Young Bun
:wave: Hello everyone and Bunnies, I have 2 Minilops Rabbits Brothers called Teddy and Buddy they are 2 years old and get on really well:D They have both been Neutered they are both house rabbits. Well teddy has started weeing on the carpet and I don't know why, they have just had there Injections and a full MOT are very healthy which makes me very happy. They are both eating and drinking well please can anyone help me as I don't know what to do when teddy wees its in different places and they have carpet tiles in there house and I am for ever going out and buying more thank you:?

Maybe Teddy wants to make sure everywhere smells of him. It's nearing that time of year when rabbits start to think about babies etc - I have a couple of does which have become a bit broody. Even when rabbits are neutered they still act as if they aren't at times. Does he normally use a litter tray and do you fill it with hay. I see you have been a member for a while so you don't need me to tell you about litter trays. It might be connected to their trip to the Vets and Teddy has forgotton all about litter training or did it start before this.

teddy weeing

Thanks for getting back to me They both use the litter tray from 8 weeks old, when I took them both to the vets in January this year for there checkup and Injections the vet Fiona said it could be teddy telling buddy its his Territory but Teddy still wees in his litter tray and on the carpet some body said white vinger for the carpets but I don't like the sound of that :shock:

Sometimes mine find new and exciting corners to wee in if I change their furniture around a bit. White vinegar is good - it deodorises the area so they are less likely to wee there again (theoretically) also an antibac I believe. I just dilute some with water in a spray bottle.

Teddy weeing

Sometimes mine find new and exciting corners to wee in if I change their furniture around a bit. White vinegar is good - it deodorises the area so they are less likely to wee there again (theoretically) also an antibac I believe. I just dilute some with water in a spray bottle.

Thank you for getting back to me I will try that with the white vinger I was worry it would harm them with the smell:wave:

When my two bucks (castrated) were house rabbits they suddenly started weeing on all their rugs and chewing them. I never give them anything soft now.

They are bonded into a quad with two does and have a shed (lino on the floor) and three 32litre underbed storage boxes with newspaper, straw and hay.

Perhaps you could give them lino instead of carpet tiles?

Back