• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting buns

I really hope there is no more fighting. As sweet as they are, rabbits will fight for certain reasons as they have their ways and we can't change them. Most rabbits I have known, especially females, will stand and fight for something which they believe in, such as dominance, territory, nest holes, and of course food. Also another point worth mentioning is once a rabbit has been traumatised by something it can take a very long time to regain that rabbit's trust and confidence.

I can imagine it's gonna be hard for him to trust another rabbit for a while it must have hurt to split his ear :(
They've not been fighting so far they're just chilling out on the grass.. neither has tried to gain dominance of the hutch so that's a start! Biter is in the cage now, he's not happy his ears are down and he keeps giving me bunny evils lol

Injured bun seems to be fine now antibiotics were a precaution due to his wound but it's healed really well. We opted out of the stitching as it would require anaesthetic and I wouldn't want to run that risk, vet said it was only cosmetic anyway thankfully!

Still keeping a close eye on them, they've still not made negative contact which Im so pleased about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little update, injured bun (Thumper) and chilled bun (Harley) were avoiding the hutch for ages, not sure why.. maybe the scent of biter bun (Peter) was still there and they were scared, I don't know.. anyway I watched them from the kitchen window (full view of them it's perfect, didn't want to be in sight of them as they need to bond on their own ive read).. Thumper would chase Harley around, Harley is super fast which is probably why he's always gotten away from the scraps going on without a hair out of place! So basically there was no chance of thumper catching up lol but when they did get close there was no negativity just Harley would run and thumper would chase.. eventually they tired themselves out lol and sat with a few feet between them.. then I watched as thumper went over to Harley with his body to the ground and his ears right back.. Harley stayed still this time and just started to groom thumpers face, it was a really tender moment between them, thumper submitted to him and snuggled in for some more grooming :) Harley has always been a tender boy :) so they've been fantastic together, gave them some treats after they'd been chilled together and now they're in the hutch all snuggled up :) hoping this lasts! Peter is still in the cage indoors, he's not happy about it, his ears are always down and he's still giving me bunny evil looks lol.. I don't know what to do with him really..

Overall I'm pleased thumper and Harley have finally been able to get some peace with each other for company x

I've got two happy buns this morning, didn't hear a peep out of them last night :)
The rain has washed away all the fur that covered the garden so we don't have that reminding us of what they've been through! They're happily playing on the grass now yay!!

Can anyone recommend any good outdoor toys for them? We have a rabbit scratching post and some balls, want to keep them occupied and playing together :)

Just read your thread - how stressful! I would put tunnels and hides outdside to give them somewhere to get away from each other if they are feeling grumpy. Bunny-safe tree branches and things to chew always go down well too. I hope they stay friends. With the third single bun could you bring him inside to live as a free range house bun?

We can't have him free range the house we started off with them inside and they were too restricted being in the lounge, he would need supervising 24/7 there's too much he can hurt himself on.

Their hutch is always open and there's a hide in there, they like to go behind the playhouse too, need some decent weather friendly tunnels I think :) the only ones we have are indoor ones and they're pop up, they chew them and the metal wire comes out so we have to bin them soon after buying lol

Back