• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone used pannels like this for an indoor bunny?

I've used something similar - mine escaped by lifting the panels so I would recommend getting heavier and taller panels than the one in your link but in general I think this type of set up works quite well.

I have used similar ones. I prefer the ones that you can open the door and step over (ie no bar above the door). Got mine on ebay.

We use two 91cm Savic puppy pens to create a safe area, we brought them from www.petplanet.co.UK
We have cable tied some wooden battens along the bottom to stiffen up the sides and fixed it to a converted dog cage, it is all reasonable secure
(We have also meshed the puppy pen to ensure no accidents)

We use these around our TV and Christmas tree. They can be moved easily as they are so light, so make sure they are jammed in.

I have brought similar ones, we use them to cordon off the area where we want our bunny to stay in, as we have allocated her a large
section of a room. They work well for us.

I have a similar pen. Choose the height carefully because rabbits can jump very high, I bought a pen for when i brought my boys home so they could gradually access more and more of the room and gain confidence, they were only a few months old and jumped over in within 5 minutes! Also I assumed the panels would be linked by hinges, they weren't. The drop pins are really designed to go in grass, if you use them on a hard floor they stick up and look silly. You can use cable ties to join the panels but these aren't 100% chewproof. Having said that the low height and dark colour of mine means it's great to go around the tv/christmas tree, they don't usually jump over it so it's good for bunnyproofing without standing out

ETA: Just seen that the height of that pen is 2ft, a rabbit could jump out of that with ease. Sometimes they come with nets like mine, which look decent on the photo's but mine was really ugly and plastic looking, and it didn't even fit the pen properly. It's supposed to look like this but it doesn't

819g01KC4vL._SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
hi - i have ellie-bo (120cm) pen http://www.only-dog-cages.co.uk/ellie-bo-120cm-high-heavyweight-pens.html - really sturdy - two pens can be joined together to give big space (i use for temporary indoor accommodation as required) - but may exceed your requirements depending on what your main use is. I think 100cm would be ok .. i was just being cautious (not much difference in price). The panels were great for bonding. Totally secure but i had to put cardboard round the bottom so bunnies did not stick their paws through and risk injury.

Back